2017-06-23 - Toronto
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 2
  1. Looking at the (original) setlist.. How did U2 think it was any good idea to end a concert with One?

2. Bad sounds incredible. God that snippet is lovely, a full verse of one of my favourite all-time songs as part of my favourite U2 song. What a band.
  3. H A L L E L U J A H

No. That was not a snippet, THAT was U2 performing Suzanne

HOLY MOLY

Bad/Suzanne

4. Looks like best show since Seattle?
  5. lol
  6. That was another great show last night, a couple of hiccups from Bono and Adam but not the type that ruin a show just the type that make it unique. Suzanne snippet was great (I'm not even a huge fan of snippets) and they even got a bonus song in I will Follow due to being such an amazing crowd. All in all a great listen worth staying up for. Looks like they're thinking of finishing with one for future shows.
  7. U2gigs finally added Hear Us Coming as a snippet!
  8. Wow Vertigo!!
  9. What a night, what a show, the Joshua Tree, it's all over.

I think it's safe to say that was the best concert I've ever been to. Incredible setlist, performances, etc. I went in blind and it really paid off. Sunday Bloody Sunday opener?! NEW YEARS DAY?! BAD?! And then my favourite album of all time front to back performed so damn elegantly it can't be put into words. Every time I try and pick out which song was mindblowing to hear (Exit, God's Country), I end up listing the entire album.

Encore/hits set was great (MISS SARAJEVO?!, ULTRAVIOLET?!?!?!), and I Will Follow totally felt spontaneous as a result of the audience being so damn into it. We were firing on all cylinders last night. The crowd, both in the seats and GA reminded me of like, the crowd in the Paris 87 DVD. Just a massive wave of energy, a party, jumping up and down. I saw people my age dancing, people twice my age jumping and screaming, damn.

What a night, what a show, what a band

EDIT: Oh wow, they've played a sort of homecoming on this tour? Bootleg city here I come.

The ONE little minor criticism/hope that wasn't fulfilled, was that I hoped they would have a moment like Roger waters did with his The Wall show, when he played Mother acoustically and on the wall behind him was his younger self playing the song and it was like he was playing a duet with himself years before. That would've been really cool, even if they had just shown some of that footage from the Joshua Tree photo shoot out in the desert to show the guy's back in 86/87. No biggie though!

10. They also played a song from Songs of Experience, so you might want to head for the IEM-AUD matrix of Vancouver