1. Just checking here but are you talking about the "stone cold night on a stone cold floor" version? Is there more than one version of that particular version?
  2. By the way, is it just me, or have Vertigo performances of NYD been subpar overall (Chicago=(O)
  3. Originally posted by passengr57Just checking here but are you talking about the "stone cold night on a stone cold floor" version? Is there more than one version of that particular version?
    No no no. I'm taliking about the War Album version. It has a extra verse than the live version.

"Oh... maybe the time is right...Oh... maybe tonight... So we're told, that this is the golden age... And gold is the reason for the wars we wage... But I wanna be with you, be with you night and day... Nothing changes on new years day..."

The War version is 4:55 mins long (due to the extra verse), the single version is 4:16 long and the "Stone in a cold floor..." (he US Remix Single version) lasts 4:30.

And I wondered if the extra-long version had been performed live. Don't think so, although Manchester 1982-12-02 seems to contain it... Cut! ¬¬

PS. I've searched this old topic to re-open the debate about NYD and for answering Passenger57... Even though his question is 5 months old...
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]
    PS. I've searched this old topic to re-open the debate about NYD and for answering Passenger57... Even though his question is 5 months old...

Haha! Nice job there Sergio
    Those lyrics from New Year's Day ("oh maybe tonight...") give more meaning to the song...I too was quite sad to see it omitted...anyways! One of the best U2 songs/lyrics!
    I haven't heard the US single remix version...what are the extra lyrics?
  5. Originally posted by Ali709[..]

Haha! Nice job there Sergio
    Those lyrics from New Year's Day ("oh maybe tonight...") give more meaning to the song...I too was quite sad to see it omitted...anyways! One of the best U2 songs/lyrics!
    I haven't heard the US single remix version...what are the extra lyrics?

http://www.u2wanderer.org/disco/lyrics.php?id=304
  6. I can't believe it!

as well, my favorite part is "so were told..." and only now I really realized that they didn't play it live!

and here I go asking for the U.S. version, when even the extended part was not preformed.

who needs Electrical Storm when we got this unpreformed?!
  7. I love that part but I think there is no live version of that part
  8. Originally posted by NoamTG I can't believe it!

as well, my favorite part is "so were told..." and only now I really realized that they didn't play it live!

and here I go asking for the U.S. version, when even the extended part was not preformed.

who needs Electrical Storm when we got this unpreformed?!
    Very good pointed. Many poeple like the extended version, but doesn't miss it when played live. One of the greatest parts of all time for me... "So we're told, that this is the golden age... And gold is the reason for the wars we wage..." Absolutely brillliant
  9. Bono sings the first part (Maybe the time is right, maybe tonight) in the 4/13/87 San Diego show but doesn't sing the rest. That's a great show by the way.
  10. Originally posted by aparofanBono sings the first part (Maybe the time is right, maybe tonight) in the 4/13/87 San Diego show but doesn't sing the rest. That's a great show by the way.

thanks for the info. I'll be downloading this one right away
  11. Originally posted by aparofanBono sings the first part (Maybe the time is right, maybe tonight) in the 4/13/87 San Diego show but doesn't sing the rest. That's a great show by the way.
    I have it of course (VG to Ex Aud) but never listened to it. Thank you very much!!