2017-05-26 - Dallas
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Songs played: 22
Audio recordings: 0
  1. Originally posted by Remy:Actually playing it in sequence makes a lot of sense with all the visuals and films. Now it's just one long film with them on the main stage, it's a narrative basically. You take all that away by spreading it across the show.
    I wasn't even fussed about them playing it in sequence pre tour but now they're doing it I like it. I think they could start the JT set later in the show though, a few more early songs at the beginning and a shorter encore would be ideal I feel.
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I wasn't even fussed about them playing it in sequence pre tour but now they're doing it I like it. I think they could start the JT set later in the show though, a few more early songs at the beginning and a shorter encore would be ideal I feel.
    Well it's a bit of a balancing act, also due to the screen again. What they want (and this works great) is to leave the screen untouched until Streets for the maximum "wow" effect (and hell a wow effect it is). Adding even more time before the album would not really work as you can't postpone using the screen for ages
  3. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Well it's a bit of a balancing act, also due to the screen again. What they want (and this works great) is to leave the screen untouched until Streets for the maximum "wow" effect (and hell a wow effect it is). Adding even more time before the album would not really work as you can't postpone using the screen for ages
    That's a fair point but then how do they get the maximum effect once they come to Europe as it won't be dark 5 or 6 songs in.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    That's a fair point but then how do they get the maximum effect once they come to Europe as it won't be dark 5 or 6 songs in.
    I think this screen works fine in daylight too. A little less of a wow effect but its vibrant and bright enough to still have some.
  5. Originally posted by Remy:Actually playing it in sequence makes a lot of sense with all the visuals and films. Now it's just one long film with them on the main stage, it's a narrative basically. You take all that away by spreading it across the show.
    Joshua tree cut in between other songs would be horrible....exit,elevation,back to mothers of the disappeared..... No thanks

6. Here's why
  7. Folks, this isn't a U2 greatest hits tour. It's a tribute tour to TJT. I thought playing in sequence with the chronologically correct run-up and epilogue was beautiful, IMO.

Can you sequence a better set? Of course, but you lose the impact of what that album is and the opportunity to cement the experience of listening to one of the greatest albums hundreds to times from back to front, like so many of us have done.

Performance was good, though it sounded like Bono went for it hard with SBS and NYD and didn't have a few notes later. I treasure each show I can witness and this one was special.
  8. Big ass stadium.
  9. Originally posted by glenn228:Folks, this isn't a U2 greatest hits tour. It's a tribute tour to TJT. I thought playing in sequence with the chronologically correct run-up and epilogue was beautiful, IMO.

Can you sequence a better set? Of course, but you lose the impact of what that album is and the opportunity to cement the experience of listening to one of the greatest albums hundreds to times from back to front, like so many of us have done.

Performance was good, though it sounded like Bono went for it hard with SBS and NYD and didn't have a few notes later. I treasure each show I can witness and this one was special.
    Glad you enjoyed yourself, you've kind of brought me back to a question I asked a while ago about naming a better sequence of songs live. If we forget about the songs either side of TJT songs then I can't think of a sequence of 11 songs that beats it. A couple of zoo tv shows run it close, I even like a lot of the elevation tour sets but for me this is the best sequence of songs ever live.