1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    I've read it several times. There might be a mention about it on U2byU2... since you have to look up the JT's track ordering thingy, maybe you can kill two birds with one stone
    lol, we say kill two flies by one slap
  2. I'd rather kill flies than birds....Unless we're talking about "The Fly" and chickens...because chickens taste good - especially chicken wings.

Back on topic: I remember seeing the trailer to the R&H movie (in the theatre back in 1988) with the Streets intro and it definitely had a profound effect on me. It's been my favourite song ever since.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    To the fans' eyes, Streets became THE song only after watching its live potential on the Rattle And Hum movie. It wasn't that popular back in 1987, and the band wasn't fully confident on it either. Thankfully that all changed rather soon

My first JT show with the intro I was hooked. It's the one song that, when used as opener, I never get tired of. Mix it into the middle of set... meh. Can't explain why. It's just a natural show opener to me. Long intro, red backdrop. Oh, man...
  4. Show opener or set closer - nowhere else makes sense to me.

Of course, this logic will likely have to go if it's to be played in its proper album position AND played in the dark.
  5. 1. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    2. Trip Through Your Wires
    3. I Will Follow
    4. Electric Co
    5. Out Of Control
    6. Elevation
    7. Vertigo
    8. Exit
    9. In God's Country
    10. Beautiful Day
    11. One Tree Hill
    12. Desire/Angel Of Harlem
    13. The Sweetest Thing
    14. Red Hill Mining Town
    15. Every Breaking Wave
    16. Mothers of The Disappeared
    17. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    18. Bullet The Blue Sky
    19. Running To Stand Still
    20. Where The Streets Have No Name
    21. Pride
    22. With Or Without You
    23. People Get Ready
    24. Bad
    25. 40
  6. Originally posted by RUMMY:Show opener or set closer - nowhere else makes sense to me.

Of course, this logic will likely have to go if it's to be played in its proper album position AND played in the dark.
    I think it would lose a bit of its appeal if it wasn't in the dark. I thought they did it best during the elevation tour with bad/ 40 snippet going into it. It brings me back a bit to the vertigo tour where city of blinding lights was clearly for me the best opener and the DVD just looked amazing but in Europe we all got vertigo. I'm sure that decision was partly based on the light situation. I still think if they want to play the album in sequence then Streets has to be about song 6 or 7 of the night.
  7. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]

My first JT show with the intro I was hooked. It's the one song that, when used as opener, I never get tired of. Mix it into the middle of set... meh. Can't explain why. It's just a natural show opener to me. Long intro, red backdrop. Oh, man...
    See, I wasn't alive to hear it opening the show

But it's the reason why I sort of want them to open the show with it. I need to experience that!

The only way I think it works later in the set is if it has really good transition, and to me that hasn't been present for the last few tours.
  8. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    See, I wasn't alive to hear it opening the show

But it's the reason why I sort of want them to open the show with it. I need to experience that!

The only way I think it works later in the set is if it has really good transition, and to me that hasn't been present for the last few tours.
    When you say it needs to have a really good transition would you include bad/40 elevation version or did that not do it for you either? I agree the vertigo and 360 transitions were pretty poor but thought the zooropa/ Streets transition on I&E was good.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    When you say it needs to have a really good transition would you include bad/40 elevation version or did that not do it for you either? I agree the vertigo and 360 transitions were pretty poor but thought the zooropa/ Streets transition on I&E was good.
    It was okay. The All I Want Is You transition from Slane is a better example though, but that could be because Bad was really horrible on the elevation tour to me.
  10. just play the whole of the joshua tree as the second half of the show, drop one & vertigo and play spanish eyes in the setlist anywhere please.
  11. Originally posted by teutonic:just play the whole of the joshua tree as the second half of the show, drop one & vertigo and play spanish eyes in the setlist anywhere please.
    I think that is the solution. However, there'll be a bunch of people in the audience saying, "When the fuck are they going to play The Joshua Tree?!?!?!!?"
  12. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    It was okay. The All I Want Is You transition from Slane is a better example though, but that could be because Bad was really horrible on the elevation tour to me.
    To me they're both great but I think you are correct...AIWIY wins (by a nose, anyway).