1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Pretty much spot on I think we'd all be happy with that.

Which songs do you envisage as the openers before they kick off the Joshua Tree album? That's the main obstacle in my opinion. Playing early 80s songs is the most logical thing but I reckon they might as well play some 00s hits to warm up the crowd, then hit us with the full album.
    The only problem is that Exit starts on bass & drums so I guess Larry would need to be back to his kit before anything happens !!
  2. Originally posted by treasure:[..]
    The only problem is that Exit starts on bass & drums so I guess Larry would need to be back to his kit before anything happens !!
    Larry isn't needed during One Tree Hill's final coda. "Oh, great ocean, oh great sea". It all fits wonderfully.
  3. Very good point !!
  4. i know it's more UF tour, but i'd love to see a rendition of knockin on heaven's door pop up
  5. Same here. It was played a handful of times in the Joshua Tree tour if I recall correctly (famously one with Dylan himself in Los Angeles). Probably not more than 5 times but could be wrong. I prefer it a million times over the much overrated People Get Ready and C'mon Everybody. And it would go down nicely among the audiences, it's one of the most well known songs ever.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Same here. It was played a handful of times in the Joshua Tree tour if I recall correctly (famously one with Dylan himself in Los Angeles). Probably not more than 5 times but could be wrong. I prefer it a million times over the much overrated People Get Ready and C'mon Everybody. And it would go down nicely among the audiences, it's one of the most well known songs ever.
    ...Thanks to Guns N Roses, of course.
  7. Getting super excited about the tour, and letting my mind wander about setlist possibilities. Let me know what you think, and please help me modify this as you see fit.

U2 • The Joshua Tree Tour 2017
    Setlist ideas

1. Miracle of Joey Ramone (or a BRAND NEW SONG) (maybe Vertigo)
    2. Out of Control (*rotate with I Will Follow)
    3. Until The End of the World
    4. Intro to Joshua Tree/Streets
    5. Still Haven't Found
    6. With Or Without You
    7. Bullet the Blue Sky
    8. Running To Stand Still
    9. Red Hill Mining Town (B stage)
    10. In God's Country (B stage)
    11. Trip Through Your Wires (B stage)
    12. One Tree Hill (B stage)
    13. Exit
    14. Mothers of the Disappeared
    15. City Of Blinding Lights
    16. New Year's Day (rotate with Sunday Bloody Sunday)
    17. Bad
    18. Pride

[Encore Break]

19. This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now (rotate with Crystal Ballroom)
    20. Sweetest Thing (rotate with Luminous Times, Walk to the Water, or Spanish Eyes)
    21. Angel of Harlem
    22. Desire
    23. The Fly (maybe rotate with Beautiful Day)
    24. One
    25. "40"

I really want to see them switch out some of those "ALWAYS PLAYED" songs, like One and Beautiful Day. That might be the best way to keep this tour from being a big nostalgia-fest. That's why I'd like to see a BRAND NEW song open the show, and why I'd like to see some other songs that are so rarely played (TIWYCRMN and/or Crystal Ballroom). Other songs, like Desire and Angel of Harlem are of a piece with Joshua Tree, so they fit well.
  8. Another try:

1) Vertigo
    2) Cry/The Electric Co
    3) Trip Through Your Wires
    4) No Line On the Horizon (full band)
    5) Exit
    6) In God's Country
    7) I Fall Down
    8) Still Haven't Found
    9) Beautiful Day
    10) New Year's Day
    11) Red Hill Mining Town
    12) Mothers of the Disappeared
    13) Dirty Day
    14) Ordinary Love
    15) Every Breaking Wave
    16) Bullet the Blue Sky
    17) Running to Stand Still
    18) Pride

ENCORE

19) Where the Streets Have no Name
    20) Gloria
    21) Original of the Species
    22) With or Without You

BREAK

23) Window in the Skies
    24) One Tree Hill
    25) Bad

9. Really interested on what LA2 will offer. since it's the 1st 2nd show on the tour.
  10. May 21st Rose Bowl 2

Where The Streets Have No Name
    I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    With Or Without You
    Bullet The Blue Sky
    Running To Stand Still
    Red Hill Mining Town
    In God's Country
    Trip Through Your Wires
    One Tree Hill
    Exit
    Mothers of the Disappeared

Intermission

California
    I Will Follow
    Iris
    Pride
    MLK
    The Unforgettable Fire
    October
    New Year's Day
    Out of Control
    11 o'clock Tick Tock

Encore

Electric Co
    Bad
  11. I think the two songs the fans are most dying to hear are "Acrobat" and "Drowning Man." They've never been done live. Is there a chance they'll finally be done?

"That's very interesting. I didn't know that fans were interested in "Drowning Man." I mean "Acrobat," for sure, I guess. It was one of those kind of more dramatic pieces from Achtung Baby. But that's interesting. I'll take note of that. We always want to listen to our fans because in our experience, music fans are seldom wrong. There's something to what they say, so I'll take note of that. I'm not saying we'll definitely do it, but we're at this wonderful situation where we've got a blank canvas"

Edge , Rolling Stone interview recently
  12. Edge: "So people want to listen to Acrobat and Drowning Man, huh? That's very interesting, I'll just type it up on my invisible typewriter"