1. With Christmas around the corner, I was curious to find out what kind of holiday music everyone enjoys.
  2. I do the same thing I always do every year. I try to make it to the new year without hearing Wham's Last Christmas.

I think the furthest I've gone is to December 5th. Should we do a U2start vs Wham! competition? (definitely not stolen from other forums). The prize for winning the challenge is well... not hearing the song.
  3. I enjoy most of the big Christmas hits but I wouldn't make an effort to listen to them until December. The week leading up to Christmas especially. Wizards my favourite and I do like the u2 version of Christmas (baby please come home).
  4. I enjoy some of the modern christmas music, but mostly I listen to classics like Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, and that kind of stuff. I don't listen much to modern holiday songs, but I love Michael Buble's christmas album and I really like 'Celtic Carol' by Lindsey Stirling. Beyond that, a Christian record label, Tooth and Nail Records, had a holiday series a couple years ago called Happy Christmas that 5 cds. The first 2 had some good songs, but I didn't pay any attention to it after that.

5. Thought I posted this earlier, but it didn't post. This cover has become one of my absolute favorites since it's release...
  6. Originally posted by Guenther:I enjoy some of the modern christmas music, but mostly I listen to classics like Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra, and that kind of stuff. I don't listen much to modern holiday songs, but I love Michael Buble's christmas album and I really like 'Celtic Carol' by Lindsey Stirling. Beyond that, a Christian record label, Tooth and Nail Records, had a holiday series a couple years ago called Happy Christmas that 5 cds. The first 2 had some good songs, but I didn't pay any attention to it after that.
    Judging from this reply, you're a traditionalist... Here is the quintessential collection for you!
    https://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Time-Life-Treasury-Of-Christmas/release/1991948
  7. I really like that cover too. Always just watch the youtube videos of it, did U2 release a proper music file of the song ever? I want it on my ipod but i don't think it's for sale on the itunes store.
  8. This is all the holiday music I need

9. ^ That plus R&H at Christmas works well for me.
  10. old compilations of austrian christmas choirs and a playlist with Sinatra and Nat Cole
  11. Originally posted by NeonTiger64:[..]
    I really like that cover too. Always just watch the youtube videos of it, did U2 release a proper music file of the song ever? I want it on my ipod but i don't think it's for sale on the itunes store.
    They did release it as part of (RED)Wire.