1. I heard this one the radio today, but don't get me wrong, Coldplay have made some great tracks. But this one is a TOTAL RIP OFF of "One Tree Hill"

If ever there was a reason to dislike Chris Martin even more... This is it

2. U2 are a huge influence on the band. Chris has even said so. I love AHFOD (the title track, one of the best from the album and was great live).

One could say "at least they're relevant", If I wanted to start a huge argument
  3. I don't hear the rip-off of OTH.
  4. I heard this on the radio today and I instantly thought "One Tree Hill" they should at least credit U2 in the track in my opinion, regardless of what they have said before
  5. I don't think this is is anyway a rip off, its just the chord progression of the song that sounds similar. A bit like don't stop believing by journey and with or without you.
  6. If anything this rips of ASOH.
  7. Originally posted by georgemccauley:I heard this one the radio today, but don't get me wrong, Coldplay have made some great tracks. But this one is a TOTAL RIP OFF of "One Tree Hill"

If ever there was a reason to dislike Chris Martin even more... This is it

[YouTube Video]
    It sounds more like A Sort Of Homecoming to be honest (which Chris Martin has admitted several times is one of his favourite songs ever, and he often sung it to his non-born baby).
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It sounds more like A Sort Of Homecoming to be honest (which Chris Martin has admitted several times is one of his favourite songs ever, and he often sung it to his non-born baby).
    Coldplay has always been what U2 would be if they made elevator music.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Indeed. He wrote about ASOH in Rolling Stone. It was for the U2 bit in the Greatest Artists list.
  10. Eh... the basic 'feel'/beat of the song is pretty similar (there's my musical expertise showing ) but that's not too serious - pretty much everything else is different. There's U2 influence there but that's because there always has been for Coldplay; Chris Martin basically wants to be Bono. I don't think there's anything too bad about this.
  11. Originally posted by CMIPalaeo:Eh... the basic 'feel'/beat of the song is pretty similar (there's my musical expertise showing ) but that's not too serious - pretty much everything else is different. There's U2 influence there but that's because there always has been for Coldplay; Chris Martin basically wants to be Bono. I don't think there's anything too bad about this.
    Chris Martin can't never be Bono....... nobody ever. Bono is head and shoulders above CM and other singers working today. Bono is the first and last name of true showman and passionate singer.
  12. And.... please don't insult classics like OTH and ASOH by comparing with garbage like AHFOD.