1. Originally posted by ahn1991:Well, best of luck for you and your uncle, who's going to be royally fucked by Donald's policies. I don't like to gloat over people's misfortunes, but when the glass house comes crashing down I'm sure I won't be the first to say 'I told you so.'
    Hey thanks man. I know that no matter what happens you will always be out there protesting with your pink hat and backpack on telling everyone how you feel. That will probably save our country, pink hats, backpacks, and protests. I know you were right about the election....
  2. Without responding directly to anyone I think from the discussions above and the general way the world looks just now, it's clear to see there's great difference of opinion in what is the best options to take to move forward. Until people actually see change in there lives then they're not going to be convinced. It's difficult though, everyones priorities are different, even if two people agree on 99% of things, the 1% they don't can be a sticking point, ultimately what we do have to learn to agree on is to respect each other's opinion, something that's been proven difficult in this very thread at times and by non other than myself. I think the only crime we can do is to wish or cause pain to others emotional or physical, if we set that standard then the discussions that follow take a more positive twist and would hopefully lead to more consideration for each other. I'm not stupid enough to think that this is a perfect world or even that it could be, however if we're willing to express our opinions then we have to accept others and learn when a discussion is becoming an argument.
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:Without responding directly to anyone I think from the discussions above and the general way the world looks just now, it's clear to see there's great difference of opinion in what is the best options to take to move forward. Until people actually see change in there lives then they're not going to be convinced. It's difficult though, everyones priorities are different, even if two people agree on 99% of things, the 1% they don't can be a sticking point, ultimately what we do have to learn to agree on is to respect each other's opinion, something that's been proven difficult in this very thread at times and by non other than myself. I think the only crime we can do is to wish or cause pain to others emotional or physical, if we set that standard then the discussions that follow take a more positive twist and would hopefully lead to more consideration for each other. I'm not stupid enough to think that this is a perfect world or even that it could be, however if we're willing to express our opinions then we have to accept others and learn when a discussion is becoming an argument.
    Thats true, a good point made. I will do better
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:Without responding directly to anyone I think from the discussions above and the general way the world looks just now, it's clear to see there's great difference of opinion in what is the best options to take to move forward. Until people actually see change in there lives then they're not going to be convinced. It's difficult though, everyones priorities are different, even if two people agree on 99% of things, the 1% they don't can be a sticking point, ultimately what we do have to learn to agree on is to respect each other's opinion, something that's been proven difficult in this very thread at times and by non other than myself. I think the only crime we can do is to wish or cause pain to others emotional or physical, if we set that standard then the discussions that follow take a more positive twist and would hopefully lead to more consideration for each other. I'm not stupid enough to think that this is a perfect world or even that it could be, however if we're willing to express our opinions then we have to accept others and learn when a discussion is becoming an argument.

I agree with everything about this except I would prefer we use the term "alternative facts" to describe differences in opinions.
  5. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]

I agree with everything about this except I would prefer we use the term "alternative facts" to describe differences in opinions.
    But Deanallison some people are just dicks. What can you do about ignorant people in pink hats?
  6. In the past when I've disagreed with someone I've done two things, either try and shout louder (more metaphorical if you know what I mean) or accept that there isn't any point in engaging, I try and do the 2nd thing more often now.
  7. There is a third approach. Accepting when you're wrong and drop the subject. Donald would do well to follow this advice the next time he logs in to his twitter account.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    In the past when I've disagreed with someone I've done two things, either try and shout louder (more metaphorical if you know what I mean) or accept that there isn't any point in engaging, I try and do the 2nd thing more often now.
    Yeah thats a good point. No reason in wasting your time arguing with some moron. It would be a never ending fight and sinking to their level of stupid.
  9. Originally posted by amansman:[..]
    Yeah thats a good point. No reason in wasting your time arguing with some moron. It would be a never ending fight and sinking to their level of stupid.
    Calling someone a moron is not exactly accepting to disagree now is it?
  10. The comments on here about America's "uneducated" are embarrassing.
  11. Perhaps we've all just lived life up too much, according to Bono 'the more you see, the less you know' we're all becoming more uneducated by the day lol.