2016-10-05 - Daly City
Tour: Various Dates
Songs played: 15
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    Maybe hoping for deep cuts is too far fetched, but we have to ask what's U2 endgame with these 2 shows? I like to think they wanted to play them to start getting in shape for the continuation of their tour and to start practicing the new songs. Maybe this Dreamforce gig is the first Experience tour promo show, and they have to try at least The Best Thing. Something like the Under Australian Skies tour, where they debuted Pride and TUF.
    Good points, I just dont see it. I think the end game here was when they booked these initially the plan was to have the album out and for these to be warm up, "dress rehearsal" gigs, then "God and The Edge" intervened to tinker more and leave Bono to ponder his "non-involvement" in the elections game plan. which brings us to 2 already booked gigs... one which could have been ripe for the new songs with given the crowd demographic and their familiarity with the band, and the other with suits and philanthropists ponying up for a good cause, with a little bit of vanity mixed in... that's my 2 million pesos, anyway!
  2. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    Maybe hoping for deep cuts is too far fetched, but we have to ask what's U2 endgame with these 2 shows? I like to think they wanted to play them to start getting in shape for the continuation of their tour and to start practicing the new songs. Maybe this Dreamforce gig is the first Experience tour promo show, and they have to try at least The Best Thing. Something like the Under Australian Skies tour, where they debuted Pride and TUF.
    I keep see were we say they should play new single "Best Thing"
    I'm just wondering if that even is the new single. Why wouldn't u2 have squashed the online YouTube videos of it like they have of other stuff.
    I'm not convinced it is
  3. I didn't understand what the relevance was in playing iheart, and to be honest, I am completely in the dark about the 'relevance' of playing this dreamfest.

Concentrate on the album please boys...!
  4. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    ......... I think the end game here was when they booked these initially the plan was to have the album out and for these to be warm up, "dress rehearsal" gigs, then "God and The Edge" intervened to tinker more and leave Bono to ponder his "non-involvement" in the elections game plan. which brings us to 2 already booked gigs...

ah, this makes sense to me. Such a waste of time now. They only dare to play a greatest hits set.
  5. Originally posted by jasvan:[..]
    I keep see were we say they should play new single "Best Thing"
    I'm just wondering if that even is the new single. Why wouldn't u2 have squashed the online YouTube videos of it like they have of other stuff.
    I'm not convinced it is
    I don't know either if The Best Thing is the new single or not. But the only explanation that makes sense for these 2 gigs is that they wanted to show at least one new song to start the SOE promo.

Even if SOE got delayed and the plan went to the trash can, maybe they still see these shows as rehearsals for a possible setlist of the new leg. Maybe they want to return to a full-powered Desire early in the set.
  6. "Out of Control" (where it al began). Miracle of JR, EBW (of course), Desire, Stories for Boys, Flower Child, Beautiful Day, Drowning Man, October, Song for Someone, City of Blinding Lights (San Francisco), Pride, Stay, Mother and Child Reunion/ONE, With or Without You, Yaweh/Sreets, "40"
  7. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    I don't know either if The Best Thing is the new single or not. But the only explanation that makes sense for these 2 gigs is that they wanted to show at least one new song to start the SOE promo.

Even if SOE got delayed and the plan went to the trash can, maybe they still see these shows as rehearsals for a possible setlist of the new leg. Maybe they want to return to a full-powered Desire early in the set.
    Or they wanted to get us fanboys riled up and chattering and excited and throw us a bone before they drop the bone that the album wont be out this year...
  8. I think Desire will definitely find its way in. I think it surfaced strictly for Bono's shill for Hill campaign, but it worked so well I wouldnt be surprised if it stayed in a rotational slot.
  9. It's time for some divine intervention by 'God and The Edge' and just skip this silly gig.
  10. Angels to tied to the ground, whoo-oh-ooh!