1. Certain bands have come and gone in my 44 years in existence, but you have remained constant. There is a reason for that. I believe in what you stand for, and the older I am getting, the more your values become more important to me. They don't make bands like you anymore. No line up changes, no splits, no reunions. Friendship at the heart of what you do. Thank you for giving me a great life.
  2. Originally posted by paulc:Certain bands have come and gone in my 44 years in existence, but you have remained constant. There is a reason for that. I believe in what you stand for, and the older I am getting, the more your values become more important to me. They don't make bands like you anymore. No line up changes, no splits, no reunions. Friendship at the heart of what you do. Thank you for giving me a great life.
    Pretty much how I feel too. I think we're kinda blessed to be around in this timeframe because I don't think anything quite like U2 and the musical journey we've all had together will ever happen again - not quite to the same extent at least.
  3. Originally posted by Caledonia:[..]
    Pretty much how I feel too. I think we're kinda blessed to be around in this timeframe because I don't think anything quite like U2 and the musical journey we've all had together will ever happen again - not quite to the same extent at least.
    When I saw Larry & Edge carrying Bob Hewson's coffin with Bono, Norman & Guggi it confirmed for me that they're still friends first and a band second as it needs to be.
  4. That Dave Fanning interview with Adam is hilarious
  5. We celebrated with a late night (and fairly drunk) viewing of ZooTv and by reviewing Achtung Baby today for the latest RevU2 podcast. Can't imagine a better weekend!

6. Happy 40th you magnificent bastards !
  7. I made a live mix of I Will Follow from 1980-2016, but I had computer problems so I'm uploading it tomorrow.
  8. This band has a song for every stage of my life, whether it was a time of struggle, a time of celebration, a time of love or a time of loss. As cliche as it is, U2 has definitely provided the soundtrack to my life experience.