1. Originally posted by dylbagz:Damn some people are hurting over kygo releasing a version of the song

Take it for what it is, a perfect summertime pop song. Roll your windows down, hit the highway at 100 and try not to enjoy it then
    I roll my windows down, hit the highway at 100 and blast Where The Streets Have No Name, not this thing.
  2. Originally posted by dylbagz:Damn some people are hurting over kygo releasing a version of the song

Take it for what it is, a perfect summertime pop song. Roll your windows down, hit the highway at 100 and try not to enjoy it then

+1

3. ----

Ok, I dared to linsten to it...
    ...I don't like EMD or whatever you call this genre, so it's not something I would play voluntarily more than once, but in an scenario where a friend would decide to play it, I don't find it annoying... except for the chopping voice part. Ugh, I could "enjoy" the rest of the song but I really hated that part and because of it I can't see how people would love it, but then again, I think I hate 99% of the music on the radio/streaming, so what do I know, maybe/hopefully this version becomes the next "happy" or the next "despacito"...
  4. This was my veredict after 2 listens on the morning of release:

Originally posted by LikeASong:Early judgements, I doubt they'll change much:

1) It's overproduced to the point of nausea.
    2) It has a lot of potential. The beggining is fantastic and Edge's bridge is brilliant.
    3) It will get much much better live.
    4) It's going to be the most divisive and critiziced track for the fanbase since Get On Your Boots.
    5) As a summary, I don't like it but I love that my band isn't afraid of trying new sounds, new things after all these years. It would be too easy to just keep doing Beautiful Day after Beautiful Day.

I still stand by all five, but 4) was particularly true
  5. I'm actually loving the remix more and more and can't wait to request it at the next wedding I'm at so the drinks can flow and everybody can dance to this thing.

Apart from missing Edge's part at the end, Kygo did a great job. Up there with "Salome" for me in terms of dance-worthy remixes that actually improve upon the energy of the original in some way.
  6. They should have released it a few months ago, because it has that summer fibe.
  7. That's one sad road trip.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    This was my veredict after 2 listens on the morning of release:

[..]

I still stand by all five, but 4) was particularly true
    Mmm... point 3 is not true quite yet. It's getting better though.
  9. Currently 58th in iTunes charts, while the shite version is down in 70th.
  10. They should play the Kygo remix live.
  11. Or just get Kygo to play it so Bono can't butcher it. He sounded terrible in the two live performances we've heard so far.