1. When i was able to give Edge a personal letter. He stuck it in the pocket of his leather jacket ......... sigh .....
  2. Originally posted by dghickey:[..]
    And of course, a true highlight for me, was running into this gentleman out front of The Forum before night 3, both of us wearing our Shirts of Innocence.

Definitely a highlight for me as well! There must be enough U2Starters in the SoCal area to have a nice gathering the next time they come by.
  3. I have to throw in Bad to this topic too. My favourite (live) song of any artist, by far. I never expected or could have hoped to hear it as often as I did. During the American leg I was quite happy with Bad being played very occasionally, as I thought that would keep the song special. Now I know better, there is no overplaying of Bad, it does not exist. It's a classic, a legendary song. Give me Bad every show, or even a show with just 2 hours of only Bad. The intro melody alone makes the show and they can play it forever like they sort of did at Dublin 3. A show with Bad always makes it to my top shows, regardless of what else happened.

Still, when I listen to Mother & Child Reunion, the ending brings back the excitement I felt during each show: will the magical Bad melody start playing next? My last 4 shows all had Bad, and wow, what a song.

Two pro-shots of the song now, a wonderful gift
  4. Originally posted by Remy:I have to throw in Bad to this topic too. My favourite (live) song of any artist, by far. I never expected or could have hoped to hear it as often as I did. During the American leg I was quite happy with Bad being played very occasionally, as I thought that would keep the song special. Now I know better, there is no overplaying of Bad, it does not exist. It's a classic, a legendary song. Give me Bad every show, or even a show with just 2 hours of only Bad. The intro melody alone makes the show and they can play it forever like they sort of did at Dublin 3. A show with Bad always makes it to my top shows, regardless of what else happened.

Still, when I listen to Mother & Child Reunion, the ending brings back the excitement I felt during each show: will the magical Bad melody start playing next? My last 4 shows all had Bad, and wow, what a song.

Overplaying Bad? that's like overplaying Streets
    And yes also to M&CR, Streets was good in there, but Bad is perfect.
  5. Easy. Bad (for the first time) on my birthday.
  6. Originally posted by Remy:I have to throw in Bad to this topic too. My favourite (live) song of any artist, by far. I never expected or could have hoped to hear it as often as I did. During the American leg I was quite happy with Bad being played very occasionally, as I thought that would keep the song special. Now I know better, there is no overplaying of Bad, it does not exist. It's a classic, a legendary song. Give me Bad every show, or even a show with just 2 hours of only Bad. The intro melody alone makes the show and they can play it forever like they sort of did at Dublin 3. A show with Bad always makes it to my top shows, regardless of what else happened.

We haven't been this spoiled with Bad since Elevation, where Bad was in rotation with just one other song. Also, having not one, but TWO pro-shots of Bad? Christmas came early, everyone.
  7. I didn't attend any of the shows, so the highlights for me were the set list parties.
  8. seeing the final Paris shows although I didn't plan to see this tour
    and I have professional recordings of both, what more can I ask for
  9. best moments for me were the last 4/5 shows of the Tour, and the rarities played, unfortunately only in the US; Troubles, Crystall Ballroom, Lucifer´s Hands, when Love comes to town.
  10. my highlight was my show, NYC 8' the last show of the north american leg. springsteen appearing. first time hearing party girl and 40, great night. ill also never forget how people kept on singing "how long to sing this song" out of MSG too