1. and what if i told you it is a single iem ? some bands sometimes have the whole mix in their ears, just as you might like to hear it yourself.
  2. Originally posted by JulienLossless:and what if i told you it is a single iem ? some bands sometimes have the whole mix in their ears, just as you might like to hear it yourself.
    Then fair play to that man for doing so. If I was in a band I'd want the same. Still an insanely clean capture based on that sample.
  3. nah i was just trolling, it's an actual soundboard recording, iem sucks.
  4. Actual soundboard recording, I got the patch and permission for two video cams that night.
  5. IEM recordings, when recorded correctly, offer a good clear recording with the specific band member emphasis. In U2's case, the whole band uses pre-programmed counts and click track.

With a single IEM feed by itself, the quality will vary signifcantly based upon reception, the type of receiver, and the specific IEM feed. With U2, you're better off getting a couple different IEM feeds and then mixing them together to get a fuller sounding mix. However, many will argue it lacks a certain live sound, and can sound sterile. That's where mixing in the audience recording can really help.

Of course, a lot more factors also come into play. The quality of the audience recording of course, plus the overall mix balance and other technical manners.

The Seattle IEM/AUD mix released is a very messy mix, and I don't think they were able to stitch the feeds together (Bono IEM + Edge IEM + AUD) in a very cohesive way.
  6. is there a list of all the IEM recordings?
  7. Go to any tour in the concerts section. On the right you can choose to display shows by the type of recording. If you choose IEM you will only see those shows with IEM sources in the tour.
  8. I do actually like IEM's. They sound good to me. But then again, I use off the shelf earphones for my iPhone. They cost me £10!