Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    In Glendale and San Diego there were extra cameras, presumably recording footage as preparation for Latin America.
    Then they were definitely recording the Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Chile and Brazil shows. Maybe they will do a "U2 live from Latin America" release.
    That makes sense, I would have been disappointed if they didn't do some kind of release for this tour

2. And so the sun has set on The Joshua Tree fellas. The tour has ended. Why don't you share your experiences about the tour? What shows did you attend? What memories you take from it?
  3. Man...I don’t even know if I can really describe it. Being in the front row of GA for a U2 show has been at the top of my bucket list for YEARS, and I got to make it happen—TWICE—this tour. So, so, so incredibly grateful for that opportunity. It was overwhelming.
  4. Toronto - best U2 show I've seen to date. I'll always remember the tour for that reason alone. Also got to witness the Dublin U2 atmosphere for the first time even though the show was underwhelming. They succeeded: they kept it from being a nostalgia tour while playing some incredible shows and road-testing some new songs. Mission accomplished.
  5. I think there was a lot of promise that this tour could have had that it just didn't live up to. I saw two shows, had a great time at both, but the autopilot nature they had on this tour kept the encore from ever gelling for me, and cringe-worthy moments (namely Patti Smith ruining MOTD twice, the confusingly awful acoustic Best Thing) rank among some of the worst U2 moments in their 40 year career.

It says a lot that the second show (Seattle) was the best of the tour.
  6. Beautiful tour, everything it was supposed to be

The Joshua Tree album performed live every night pretty much flawless.

Opening is a kick in the ass, with songs that lead up to up the JT, staples of live shows but still energetic.

Encore / end of show, solid songs and fan favorites, anytime Ultra Violet is played, how can you complain ?

A couple of new songs played as well... Only weakness IMHO was Miss Sarajevo, but in big stadiums, generally a beer run or bathroom break.

Not sure how anyone could complain unless you didn't see a show.

Everyone knew what it was when it was announced.... I am so glad to have seen 3 shows, I could listen to them play The Joshua Tree in full anytime and gladly pay.

I would encourage everyone to listen to one of the IEM Matrix shows... this is a big production, sound, lights, etc.

The setlist is pretty standard but other bands do it as well, it's like retasking a satellite... everything is done to make a show as perfect as can be for all fans.
  7. Setlist wise, Seattle was the best. Performance wise, no way. Seattle doesn't stand up compared to later bootlegs and YouTube videos.

Agreed about Patti and YTBTAM acoustic though. Terrible choices. Encore seemed to work better before Best Thing got involved. MS-Beautiful Day-Elevation-Vertigo-Ultraviolet-One-Little Things/I Will Follow worked well.
  8. Rip Joshua Tree side 2
  9. Credit where it’s due on this tour. The Full Joshua Tree was thankfully the hilight and did more than fair justice to the album itself.

I enjoyed two of my three shows but the tour as a whole leaves me feeling quite empty. I’ll try to compile my thoughts more when the dust settles but there was just something lacking for most of the year.

Anyway, not long now until December. I’m nervous.
  10. DUE TO OVERWHELMING DEMAND, WE HAVE ADDED A NEW SET OF CONCERTS TO OUR ÜBER SUCCESFUL #U2THEJOSHUATREETOUR... NOW EXTENDED TO 2018! PRESALES STARTS YESTERDAY
  11. Originally posted by LikeASong:DUE TO OVERWHELMING DEMAND, WE HAVE ADDED A NEW SET OF CONCERTS TO OUR ÜBER SUCCESFUL #U2THEJOSHUATREETOUR... NOW EXTENDED TO 2018! PRESALES STARTS YESTERDAY
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong:DUE TO OVERWHELMING DEMAND, WE HAVE ADDED A NEW SET OF CONCERTS TO OUR ÜBER SUCCESFUL #U2THEJOSHUATREETOUR... NOW EXTENDED TO 2018! PRESALES STARTS YESTERDAY
    jOSHUA tREE + lOVETOWN 2018 TOUR

Leg 1 North America Spring 2018
    Leg 2 Europe Summer 2018

SOE Winter 2018