Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. A broken clock is right twice.
  2. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    Yeah, but when he did that weird America snippet in Dublin, energy was interupted too... And he still tried people in Dublin sing America (without effect)... it was awkward...

I forgive the band for not being perfect, i can stand a little weirdness now and again. But i was not there, and maybe it felt out of touch for you.
  3. Originally posted by micfisto:[image]

We did!

And today marks the 30th anniversary of my first U2 show in the Olympiahalle - Munich. So amazing to have these adventures 30 years apart.

[..]

We should try to get together next time they play in the SE!

4. i'm late and too old but this pic is funny, a Bi fan of u2
  5. "It will be a very special party with the Brazilian fans to celebrate the end of a great tour. "

Pllleeaase SOE + Tour soooooon.
  6. So, 5 out of 9 US dates for 3rd leg still have GA available! I might just decide to hop in the car and go for a road trip at the last minute...
  7. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:So, 5 out of 9 US dates for 3rd leg still have GA available! I might just decide to hop in the car and go for a road trip at the last minute...
    Come to Indy! I'll be there!
  8. I've just completed my JT tour- 6 shows in 4 cities and many hours spent at airports and on planes- but it has been worth it. They've hit so many of my bucket list songs on this tour- I never thought I'd hear anything from side 2 of TJT live- stand outs were Exit and Mothers.

Croke is always special for U2, and the atmosphere in Rome and Barcelona was incredible (one of the reasons we chose those venues)

Don't get hung up on lack of set list changes ( it won't happen) and enjoy the opportunities to see them play live.
  9. Dallas was soundchecking 2 acoustic guitars before the Dublin show, new song soon? Or is he playing along with some songs?
  10. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:So, 5 out of 9 US dates for 3rd leg still have GA available! I might just decide to hop in the car and go for a road trip at the last minute...
    There are hundreds (thousands?) of tickets unsold for the 3rd leg. Its a shame they added these dates / these cities that clearly wont sell out (yet didn't go to Montreal at all?). Clearly stadium scheduling was an issue, but If they had more time and LN wanted to add more shows for more $$ I would have thought more Europe dates would have been a better bet.
  11. Originally posted by jennagirl:[..]
    Clearly stadium scheduling was an issue, but If they had more time and LN wanted to add more shows for more $$ I would have thought more Europe dates would have been a better bet.

Like you say: the number of shows in Europe is a schedule issue because a lot of stadiums won't be available anymore from August as most sport competitions will start again.