Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. After having seen three shows in person (Rome & Barcelona) I want to take back negative comments I have made about this tour.
    I really liked all three shows, this setlist works and I didn't long for any variation after the first show. Then we got A Sort of Homecoming and MW.
    Elevation and Vertigo, which I often skip on bootlegs and records blew me away!
  2. Originally posted by Papo:After having seen three shows in person (Rome & Barcelona) I want to take back negative comments I have made about this tour.
    I really liked all three shows, this setlist works and I didn't long for any variation after the first show. Then we got A Sort of Homecoming and MW.
    good to hear that
  3. Originally posted by Papo:After having seen three shows in person (Rome & Barcelona) I want to take back negative comments I have made about this tour.
    Exactly. You gotta see it to believe it.

4. We did!

And today marks the 30th anniversary of my first U2 show in the Olympiahalle - Munich. So amazing to have these adventures 30 years apart.

5. A Sort Of Homecoming came as a big surprise at the 2nd show in Rome, we never had expected that.
    It's one of my favourite songs by U2 or any other artist, so hearing it live in person is somehow a dream come true.
    Having said that, it didn't work too well in Rome. On the first night, Bad was epic, with Keats reference and those Bowie snippets. ASOH just sort of vanished in the evening sun. During SBS and NYD everybody was jumping and singing, and then, as ASOH started, all that energy was "interrupted", sort of. Some hardcore fans as us went along singing and enjoying the song, the others stood there, silent. Even the singalong did not work. After that, everybody woke up again when Pride started.

But ASOH left a mark and the overall energy wasn't as high as the night before. Of course, this is my very personal Impression, but I think playing ASOH this tour has been great in theory, but give the structure of the set it did not turn out too well.

As the basic energy level at indoor shows is higher and connecting with the audience is easier, I hope for a return next tour, maybe not at the third spot, but at the fifth or sixth, after a high energy start.
  6. Originally posted by Papo:A Sort Of Homecoming came as a big surprise at the 2nd show in Rome, we never had expected that.
    It's one of my favourite songs by U2 or any other artist, so hearing it live in person is somehow a dream come true.
    Having said that, it didn't work too well in Rome. On the first night, Bad was epic, with Keats reference and those Bowie snippets. ASOH just sort of vanished in the evening sun. During SBS and NYD everybody was jumping and singing, and then, as ASOH started, all that energy was "interrupted", sort of. Some hardcore fans as us went along singing and enjoying the song, the others stood there, silent. Even the singalong did not work. After that, everybody woke up again when Pride started.

But ASOH left a mark and the overall energy wasn't as high as the night before. Of course, this is my very personal Impression, but I think playing ASOH this tour has been great in theory, but give the structure of the set it did not turn out too well.

As the basic energy level at indoor shows is higher and connecting with the audience is easier, I hope for a return next tour, maybe not at the third spot, but at the fifth or sixth, after a high energy start.
    It's still cool for longtime fans to hear it and enjoy it. But i ques it's true, that the energy has to be there.
    I am perfectly happy with Bad in Amsterdam , and if they play this wonderful song i would love that, but not looking for it though.
  7. Originally posted by Soundwall:[..]
    It's still cool for longtime fans to hear it and enjoy it. But i ques it's true, that the energy has to be there.
    I am perfectly happy with Bad in Amsterdam , and if they play this wonderful song i would love that, but not looking for it though.
    Yeah, but when he did that weird America snippet in Dublin, energy was interupted too... And he still tried people in Dublin sing America (without effect)... it was awkward...
  8. 4th Sao Paulo show confirmed!