Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54

1. People complain about everything on here.

No matter what the closer- "U2 SHOULD ONLY CLOSE WITH 40!"

No. Let them do what they want.

Though I am disappointed they dropped The Little Things... I love that they wanted to play a new song...but I feel like something bigger would have been better. The Best Thing maybe? Though going back to my initial comment about people complaining about everything, they might still complain with an upbeat closer/people would leave because they don't know the song.
  2. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:Just joining this discussion now, but I definitely had money on U2 closing with 40 for this tour. I Will Follow was good for Toronto though, but it seemed spontaneous. One would've been a bit of a whimper finish as opposed to what we got, a firecracker.
    Don't think they will close with "40" when they open with SBS...it's too much of a War frame around a Joshua tree themed tour...

Although my "nostalgic" memory of the original Joshua Tree show included people leaving the stadium still singing "40"...
  3. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    Don't think they will close with "40" when they open with SBS...it's too much of a War frame around a Joshua tree themed tour...

Although my "nostalgic" memory of the original Joshua Tree show included people leaving the stadium still singing "40"...
    +1 now that you've made me reflect on this...
  4. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]

yeah, on the way home from U2 live at the Feyenoord Stadium, people in the trains and on Rotterdam Central Station actually were still singing "How Loooong...."
    I know, I was one of them.
  5. Even if it was just Bono and Edge playing 40 a la PopMart, that would be good.
  6. Originally posted by u2joost:[..]

yeah, on the way home from U2 live at the Feyenoord Stadium, people in the trains and on Rotterdam Central Station actually were still singing "How Loooong...."
    I was walking back to my hotel after the second TO show in 2015 and met a guy singing the "Ohhs" in Joey Ramone. Way cool.
  7. I left Wembley Stadium with fans singing the "Ohh oh ohh" from Moment of Surrender. Then I came here to watch them bitch about it closing.
  8. Originally posted by iTim:I left Wembley Stadium with fans singing the "Ohh oh ohh" from Moment of Surrender. Then I came here to watch them bitch about it closing.

Originally posted by u2joost:[..]
    I think we should also leave the stadium in Amsterdam singing "40" - no matter what
  9. If the crowd was really on form they could all start singing the 'how long' bit when the band are about to say there goodbyes.
  10. MOS was fine as a closer, most of their closers are just that, "fine".

I just think 40 is the ultimate U2 closer though. Just the feeling of that song, how each member leaves one by one as the crowd sings them off, and Larry always being the last one to leave, being the first one in the band all those years ago. It's not just the song they choose to close with, it's their closing song. Ah well! I Will Follow the other night was great it was like a U2 show from 1980 (of course I wasn't at any of them, I'm referencing bootlegs haha), but I'm sure any one of the hundreds of middle aged people dancing their hearts out to that song the other night could attest to that. There's nothing cooler than seeing that to me.
  11. 40 is the best closer, most U2 fans agree, but I think the band does not like to play 40 at all. Mos and love is blindness are 2nd best, epic songs. Worse closer, ISHWLF. Big disapointment for me Amsterdam 1 SOI
  12. I think walk on is well worth a mention when it comes to best closers. In fact I think it would be a great closer this time round if it's not going to be 40 or The Little Things. Another song with a great outro and i think would be a positive way to end the show.