Joshua Tree Tour 2017
Legs (3): Leg 1 - North America, Leg 2 - Europe, Leg 3 - The Americas
Shows: 54
  1. Originally posted by deanallison:Does anyone think that instead of remastering the Joshua Tree like they've already done they might release not only a DVD of a full show but a cd with the Joshua Tree songs only live from this tour, Coldplay did it with ghost stories taking performances from different shows, I think it would sell pretty well and although the tracks are 30 years old, the live versions would be new and recent, what do people think?
    Excellent Idea!
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:Does anyone think that instead of remastering the Joshua Tree like they've already done they might release not only a DVD of a full show but a cd with the Joshua Tree songs only live from this tour, Coldplay did it with ghost stories taking performances from different shows, I think it would sell pretty well and although the tracks are 30 years old, the live versions would be new and recent, what do people think?

I certainly think it would be cool, but if I had to choose I'd choose a really quality live show from 1987.
  3. They've already done that, though. Paris 1987 as part of the deluxe JT release...
  4. You can also download some shows from '87 from the Concert Vault (part of Wolfgang's Vault). I downloaded a show from MSG and Denver from the Fall '87 tour.
  5. Paris =/= bad because there's no Streets.

Rattle & Hum already has it.
  6. Rattle and Hum is not really a full live concert though. A full remaster Joshua Tree Tour blu ray would be great.
  7. They should just re-release a fully restored and remastered Rattle & Hum in blu ray and cd . Release in standard (dvd ,single cd), deluxe version (blu ray) , super deluxe (blu ray , double cd)..add the live tunes from the film to cd (Streets WOWY etc) ,add in extra live trax (One Tree Hill) for a bonus disc etc

This would be great promotion for the upcoming tour as well....
  8. I'm not expecting it but there's nothing stopping them releasing a boxset with material from both the new and original tour. The concerts are there to remaster, I think it's more likely though anything they bring out will be for this tour only.