1. That sucks... Hopefully more proper rips surface in the future..

It really shows how temporary the internet actually is. :/
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:These, like the Salome Tapes, are only becoming harder and harder to find. The summit of the interest for this material happened more than a decade ago. Hosting sites delete files or die altogether, fans' hard disks die or get formatted, and there is not enough demand or interest to keep a vast online repository of obscure material that only a handful of fans around the world are bound to check out every now and then.

So true unfortunately.
  3. Originally posted by SlightedRadio91:Where do you guys even find these (in decent quality)?

I can't ever find any physical CDs in-person at a record store (USA resident). While eBay (if they have any) overprices. But apart from about nine of them, everything else is around 128kbps online (I want higher quality versions of stuff I'll relisten to, specifically the unreleased Crashed Car (Perfecto Mix)).

Am I just SOL, or are these items which are exchanged between traders?

It's funny to me that most official promo releases (even if they're obscure) are easier to find than some mostly crappy bootleg series (with a few gems).

But many of these fruitlegs, especially the later ones, were sourced from mp3s and burned to cd anyway. So you aren’t necessarily getting better quality because you are tracking it down on CD. Not sure the later sets were even done on CD, many were just MP3 compilations towards the end…
  4. Originally posted by u2wanderer1:[..]

But many of these fruitlegs, especially the later ones, were sourced from mp3s and burned to cd anyway. So you aren’t necessarily getting better quality because you are tracking it down on CD. Not sure the later sets were even done on CD, many were just MP3 compilations towards the end…
    Well that makes me feel a bit better about it, seeing as the low-bitrate mp3 compilations are readily available.