1. thanks for the great santa clara show. best sounding show so far
  2. The first recording of JT Houston is now in our pages.
  3. Before I start this isn't a complaint because we are very lucky to have all the recording we do on here but something I've noticed about a lot of bootlegs is they tend to be quieter than anything official, obviously that's understandable.
    But with that in mind what bootlegs on here would people say are the loudest but whilst still holding a good quality? The main reason I ask this is I make up live playlists for the car and the sound fluctuates a lot.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:Before I start this isn't a complaint because we are very lucky to have all the recording we do on here but something I've noticed about a lot of bootlegs is they tend to be quieter than anything official, obviously that's understandable.
    But with that in mind what bootlegs on here would people say are the loudest but whilst still holding a good quality? The main reason I ask this is I make up live playlists for the car and the sound fluctuates a lot.
    Any audio editor > effects > normalize > save as (...)

5. Thank you for the advice, i'll give it a try. Just out of interest though say I had a song from u22 on a playlist with say a song from inglewood 3/6/15 (which I consider to be a good but quiet recording) would that bring the volume of the playlist up to u22 song level or down to inglewood level?
  6. Read up on "loudness wars" too.
  7. I've had a little look on that just now, I definitely don't think loud is always better. I think it depends how I'm listening to the music like if I've got headphones on or listening to something in the car. A great example of that recently is the Santa Clara recording, I think with headphones it's a really good audience recording, I can hear everything clearly and loud enough but in the car I've got it at more than double the volume of a u22 track and it's still quieter and doesn't have the same quality coming out the car speakers. Having said that I need to put the Joshua tree up a good few notches when I'm listening to that as well and I still struggle to hear the opening lines of exit and mothers. I'm not someone who listens to music excessively loud either so when I say loud I just mean comparatively to the likes of u22.
  8. Well, U2-2 was heavily compressed and mastered from multitrack recordings. It's not a fair comparison of a recording too.
  9. Originally posted by hoserama:Well, U2-2 was heavily compressed and mastered from multitrack recordings. It's not a fair comparison of a recording too.
    Yeah I agree 100% it's not a fair comparison. I'm not expecting an audience recording to be on the level of u22 I was just curious as to whether there was recordings out there that just happened to still be good being at that kind of volume level so when I was playing a playlist I wouldn't have to turn it up our down and my worry with normalizing is that it becomes too quiet. Again it's not a criticism, I've listened to that Santa Clara recording a couple of times right through with the headphones on and loved it, same with a few of your recordings too and yours hold up well in the car also, again I just need to up the volume slightly but it's not any quieter than the official Joshua tree album.
  10. Well you can always compare RMS of a recording, which may get you in the ballpark. But really...just turn DOWN the volume of the U2-2, since they cranked it to a painfully high level.