1. I just added the recently surfaced* "cd-r" bootleg 2015-10-05 Kingdoms Rise And Kingdoms Fall
    from Sweet Black Devils (SBD-002).

Apparently this is a 3rd source, "different from the "Carbobueno" & "LikeASong" sources."

*on dimeadozen
  2. ...and thanks to Koos1984 we could update the catalogue with two new "bootlegs":

The first is 2001-08-14 "Souvenir" (Live in Birmingham, UK - 1st night)
    This is taken from the Doberman silver discs and is definitely the source to keep from this date. 4 stars

The other is a very welcome upgrade from the ZOO TV days: 1992-04-20 Tacoma, WA "Tacoma Dome" I [AUD] .
    In fact this is now the real E.P. recording as listed on AchtungBootlegs. The one in our database is actually an audio rip from very poor "camcorder" audio.
    On the contrary, the E.P. recording is a very good audience recording made with external mics. Only slighty too "boomy" for 4 stars, but a solid 3.5 nevertheless
  3. Originally posted by BigGiRL:...and thanks to Koos1984 we could update the catalogue with two new "bootlegs":

The first is 2001-08-14 "Souvenir" (Live in Birmingham, UK - 1st night)
    This is taken from the Doberman silver discs and is definitely the source to keep from this date. 4 stars

The other is a very welcome upgrade from the ZOO TV days: 1992-04-20 Tacoma, WA "Tacoma Dome" I [AUD] .
    In fact this is now the real E.P. recording as listed on AchtungBootlegs. The one in our database is actually an audio rip from very poor "camcorder" audio.
    On the contrary, the E.P. recording is a very good audience recording made with external mics. Only slighty too "boomy" for 4 stars, but a solid 3.5 nevertheless
    Thank you ! I want that ZOO show ...by my review ( i did it time ago) it seems to be a good show , but the sound was very poor ...so a new boot with good sound is very welcome
  4. Updated bootleg: 1983-11-22 Osaka, Japan (again, thanks to Koos )

The old one in our show page was the classic, but outdated War Osaka cd-r bootleg.
    A transfer really of an unknown analogue genartion (UAG - typically a compact cassete).
    The newly added mp3's are from a digital transfer straight from the (analogue) master.
    I've rated it 3.5 stars.
    Potentially this is even a 4-star bootleg, but without remastering it lacks clarity and both
    volume and balance should be optimized to bring out the best of this tape - #note2self...
    However, I think it sits just fine on the iPod "as is" with one of the default equalizer options
    enabled (e.g. "trebble boost" - but perhaps other settings are even better...)

5. 1984-12-03 Radio City Music Hall – AchtungBootlegs UPDATE:

For this date we have two known recorders, one which received a 30th Anniversary
    remaster treatment just last year (comfortzone@dimeadozen&u2torrents).
    The first source is the “Sony Handheld Cassetter Recorder,” the second has unknown
    recording gear, but we do know that it was “recorded from 1st Balcony.” The first one
    was used for the 30th Anniversary Remaster.
    I personally prefer the second source because it is the most clean and complete recording,
    although the music is a bit distant and the audience somewhat “clappy.”
    The first, however, has long drop-outs at several points of the recording (as if recording has
    been stopped or paused) and a “host” who introduces himself with a name that to my non-
    American ears sounds something like “Chass Jarbone” and makes some additional comments
    during the recording. Most likely this is the taper, but it could also be the ‘travelling companion
    of the taper,’ (see notes).
    The 30th Anniversary Remaster does improve the master mainly and significantly for the first
    three songs of the recording as these were a bit dark sounding on the original master.
    As such the recording is much more coherent, but it still suffers from the mentioned drop-outs
    and comments.
    This was a pretty wild concert from the side of the audience. The show was stopped once in IWF,
    and twice in Gloria due to both security and fans. This is not my favourite show of the tour, but like
    most other Unforgettable Fire shows, it was again very good performance given the circumstances.
  6. 1984-12-02 - Worcester, MA “The Centrum” – AchtungBootlegs UPDATE:

I personally like both this show and its accompanying recording better that the one(s) from Radio City Music Hall (see above). To be sure, it is the “UAG (TDK SA 90)” transfer that I recommend. This is a very solid recording with excellent clarity and dynamics. Perhaps a little to much tape noise, consistent with a first or second generation copy of the master (could also be third generation or higher of course - nobody knows). Some pretty excited teenaged girls are audible in the audience, but not too distant close .
    I’m leaning towards a 4-star rating, but I think this should be reserved for the master cassette (so 3.5 it is!) – please note that this transfer is new to u2start.
    The other featured transfer of this Worcester recording – the old mp3’s – is from a higher generation (3rd +) and runs at incorrect speed (too fast).
  7. Let's also call this an AchtungBootlegs UPDATE:

1985-07-07 Werchter, Belgium "Festival Grounds"

One known audience recording of this show exists with many transfers in circulation but none directly from the master.
    However, the one that has been in the u2start database for ages was definitely in need of an upgrade.*
    It suffers from a lot of tape noise (and hiss too, but that is something all known transfers suffer from )
    but worst of all, the tape transfer was done at an incorrect speed as it runs way too fast...
    Actually I think that none of the known transfers were done at the right speed, but the one just described
    is by far the worst.

The two upgrades are the ones commonly known: one compiled by petergoode111 (3 star bootleg) and one
    that is known as the "Five" transfer from Maxell XLII Cassettes (3.5 star bootleg).
    The latter has the most clarity but still suffers from substantial hiss. One major issue in ASOHC: half way
    (@ 3:15) the recording is cut but returns a few seconds later, only the begin a few bars before it left.
    This could be fixed though…

*If it were possible, I would have replaced the old files but with 423 downloads and one review attached it only seems confusing.
  8. ...and the update of today is 2006-02-15 Mèxico City

And again I have to hand this to Koos, because he noticed that we had 2.5 star bootleg wrongly labelled
    Now the REAL Miguel Suárez recording is up...
    It certainly is an upgrade, although I rated the M.S. recording only half a star higher (3 stars).
    This surely is open for debate, as the sound is much clearer, but there is just SO much audience talk,
    it kinda stands in the way of the listening experience...
    I think it was a fantastic show, but I was never able to listen this in its entirety
  9. Two updates today, as part of the AchtungBootlegs "transfers"

1984-12-05 Washington, DC "Constitution Hall"
    - added (some sort of) lineage to the existing one and uploaded the RossMan
    transfer of a lower generation cassette.

1984-12-07 Toronto, Canada "Massey Hall"
    - the files in our database turned out to be a copy of the vinyl bootleg
    Soul Revelation And The Baptism Of Fire

But two other sources also exist for this date. The first is the Chris - searcher2cr recording,
    transfered straight from the master. In my opinion this is the best recording of today's entire
    update (at least from my part ): 4 stars

The other recording - unknown taper - is also very good, but taken from a 2nd generation
    copy of the master and 11OCTT is joined in progress.
    But, as said, the sound is still pretty good: 3.5 stars
  10. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[Toronto '84] The other recording - unknown taper - is also very good, but taken from a 2nd generation
    copy of the master and 11OCTT is joined in progress.
    But, as said, the sound is still pretty good: 3.5 stars
    Have been listening to this "other recording" last night on my iPod last night and I had to admit that I in fact
    favour this recording over the searcher2cr master
    It has a very well balanced sound and audience not "up-close." The only thing is that the B side of the tape
    (from Bad onwards) has slightly more degraded sound.
    Anyway, what I mean to say is that I've changed my rating of this "other" recording to 4-stars as well
    (Never knew this show...and with this quality it is certainly a must-have if you like TUF shows...)
  11. New additions:

1) The Dana Fletcher recording of Boston#1
    - a nice and clear recording (4 stars), with the last 3 songs patched from MASSU2's recording. The sound is perhaps slightly "distant" but the crowd interference is henceforth kept to a minimum...

2) The JEMS transfer of the 1984-12-08 Detroit master.
    - in fact the JEMS recording of this date is the only one known and has been circulating on various "gen" copies. The transfer from the master tape is obviously superior