1. A few minor updates today in the "Unforgettable Fire Tour" bootleg section:

1985-04-19 Worcester MA - Centrum (3rd show) *** listing the various transfers (all pretty poor recordings)

1985-04-20 Hartford CT - Civic Center (1st show) *** flacs added

1985-04-22 Philadelphia PA - The Spectrum (1st show) *** added the petergoode111 transfer (upgrade over existing source)

Nothing really special. Just a few little steps to get our bootleg database more complete
  2. Will be getting that Philly show Thanks Joyce!
  3. Originally posted by BigGiRL:JT2017 TORONTO has it's first recordings

Thanks to danafletch in what must have been a true labour love

Indeed, recordings as Dana's recording "proper" is incomplete because of battery failure after Exit. But Dana completed the set by making an audience sourced matrix (no iem!) of, most notably, a recording made by JoeKickass and audio tracks of several videos.

Dana invited us to share this project here at u2start. I've decided to split it in two parts (similar as the 2 cd sets made by Dana) as to credit the matrix part and the single "rig" recording part separately. Mainly for administrative reasons, but I also think the Dana recording is significantly better than the matrix. Although incomplete and compromised by near-by chat, the recording itself is clear and has excellent dynamics.
    Good enough for 3.5 stars, I'd say

The audience matrix is a bit bumpy, but it is a remarkable job that shows many, many hours of TLC...
    I really appreciate the hard work to bring the U2 live recording fans & lovers this complete JT2017 Toronto document

Please read Dana's notes in the info files
    Christmas Dreams Do Come True!!!!!
  4. Another Unforgettable Fire Tour update:

1985-04-23 Hartford - Civic Center (2nd night)

The prime recording from this date was made by Steve Hossung and there are two known transfers of the master tape.
    The one that is most complete also seems the best in quality (4 stars), although it is minor compared to the other.
    Both also seems to run at the right speed. I've uploaded the most complete transfer in flac as well.
    Perhaps this master will benefit from a little remastering, but it is perfectly enjoyable "as is" with very few "up-close"
    screamers and no intrusive clapping.

For the completists I have also uploaded an alternate recording to the database. It is unknown who made the recording,
    but it is known as the "Heath Street Tape #3." It has Gloria cut and "40" is missing. It does, however, feature the
    complete (audience) break between Bad and October...
  5. PS: I've also fixed the 1985-04-24 Philadelphia PA - Spectrum (2nd night).

I was puzzled by Patou2's remark (review):

It s a good show , but the sound is not ok. Bad and Seconds are cut.
    Still don't know why he thought the sound "is not good," but the file linked to the show had indeed Seconds and Bad cut. A bit awkward since the bootleg itself has those songs complete. But it is fixed now
  6. For 1985-04-29 Atlanta GA there is only one source known but the quality of the recording is not very high to begin with and then there is this bus load of screamers to make it even worse...

Two different transfers seem to exist: one extant only in rather poor 128kb/s mp3's (please let me know if you have a lossless copy of this one!), and another one in lossless flacs, but running much too fast and with a quite uneven balance as well...

But it was a rather special show with the band having met earlier today with Coretta King, the widow of Martin Luther King, and Bob Hewson attending his first US gig.

So I hope to have made this show somewhat more accessible with adding a speed corrected & cleaned up version ("remaster") to the u2start database. But I'm afraid the rating still remains a tat below the 3 star mark...

PS: the show is likely to be missing A Sort Of Homecoming, and Bad is joined in progress (but still a good 8 minutes left, including all the snippets!)
  7. BlueRoom be trolling!
  8. Triggered by Bloodraven's request for the 1987-04-25 San Francisco (or Dale City) Cow Palace 2 "soundcheck," I took the opportunity to update the show page / audio tab with the various sources. And there are quite a lot

Most noteworthy is the JEMS recording that was shared in super high-res a little 10 years ago. No need to put up the 24bit/96kHz files as CTU2Fan made an authorized 16/44.1 down-sample. I've shared these flacs "as is."
    From the high-res wav capture I've made 16/48000 mp3's @224 (via Audition using triangular dither).

Furthermore, the MarkP recording is added, as well as the (in)famous bootleg "The Joshua Tree On Fire" (FLASHBACK). The latter was taken, I believe, from an earlier circulating transfer of the JEMS recording. I've added both in mp3 only - merely for archival purposes.

There is even a third source by Little Guy and transferred by MarkP. But for this 3 star recording I've only included the info file. I will add a sample later.

And last, but not least: the soundcheck is available in flac (and in mp3 with "The Joshua Tree On Fire" bootleg)

Hopefully I manage to update the first Cow palace show tomorrow
  9. I call out your bluff ! If you're going to share it, cool, if it is just a show off, shut up and let the real people who do share... share.
  10. I see that you're a "moderator" on a different site....I have no idea who helped you be there but because of your behavior, I'll skip that site. The real U2 site for fans is this one right here.

Ps: Although I appreciate you sharing your recordings (some better than others). I actually prefer Nuno's over yours...I look forward for his next upload.
  11. Originally posted by BigGiRL:Triggered by Bloodraven's request for the 1987-04-25 San Francisco (or Dale City) Cow Palace 2 "soundcheck," I took the opportunity to update the show page / audio tab with the various sources. And there are quite a lot

Most noteworthy is the JEMS recording that was shared in super high-res a little 10 years ago. No need to put up the 24bit/96kHz files as CTU2Fan made an authorized 16/44.1 down-sample. I've shared these flacs "as is."
    From the high-res wav capture I've made 16/48000 mp3's @224 (via Audition using triangular dither).

Furthermore, the MarkP recording is added, as well as the (in)famous bootleg "The Joshua Tree On Fire" (FLASHBACK). The latter was taken, I believe, from an earlier circulating transfer of the JEMS recording. I've added both in mp3 only - merely for archival purposes.

There is even a third source by Little Guy and transferred by MarkP. But for this 3 star recording I've only included the info file. I will add a sample later.

And last, but not least: the soundcheck is available in flac (and in mp3 with "The Joshua Tree On Fire" bootleg)

Hopefully I manage to update the first Cow palace show tomorrow
    There's also another source with tracks not on the known circulating versions. I'll try to find that version and share it here.