2015-07-10 - Boston
Tour: Innocence and Experience tour
Songs played: 27
Audio recordings: 5
  1. Originally posted by INCA:[..]

Disagree, It was played every night on the Elevation tour unless All I want Is You was played. That never got dull.
    Bad was a great fit with the theme of the Elevation Tour. Since then, it has been a great song to play, but not necessarily a thematic fit. I will say that Bad fits very well after Beautiful Day, so maybe I wouldn't mind seeing it put into rotation along with All I Want Is You and maybe The Troubles.

2. Thanks

One thing though, SBS and RBW are not about the same event, although they've adapted SBS in this tour to it for narrative purposes. Either way your point is still equally valid.

Ah, my mistake! They seem to have conflated the events. I guess I should do my homework
  3. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2:[..]

Paul - where were you sitting? I sat next to a gentleman last night who fits your description and who videotaped a lot - we spoke, but I never got his name.

I was in Loge 14, Row 11, Seats 11 & 12. I didn't video anything, but took a ton of pictures. It was a GREAT section. Two women behind me were long-time die-hard fans, one of them flew up from D.C. In the row in front of me, a few seats over was another guy who was pretty crazy, maybe even as crazy as me. Kept High-5ing me every time they started into a new song

If you were behind me, I was the guy who knew the set list inside and out and sat down right at intermission, because I knew it was intermission
    --
    Paul
  4. I'm pissed always in the forums not commenting but here's my opinion
  5. Spent weeks watching the shows downloading shows from here and there reading all the comments about set lists and that x can't wait for both night in Glasgow it's going to be awesome x play what they like I couldn't care just to be in the presence of greatness is all I want x U2 are my life always have Beeb since as long as I remember first concert way back in 82 x god I'm old but U2 are my life x I have a goregious wife and 3 kids now x bring on OCT please and TOMORROW and my like will be complete xx starting to loose my wat here but HAHO life is complicated just like U2 x stop bitching enjoy the journey enjoy the gig doesn't matter what they play enjoy and feel blessed that u are there fuck me U2 bring it on
  6. Seriously : how is everyone doing ? Since I'm in Slovenia I can't visit that often or long. But I heart you all, you know that right. Much love and sexual puns from Ljubljana.
  7. Originally posted by pllsaph:[..]

I was in Loge 14, Row 11, Seats 11 & 12. I didn't video anything, but took a ton of pictures. It was a GREAT section. Two women behind me were long-time die-hard fans, one of them flew up from D.C. In the row in front of me, a few seats over was another guy who was pretty crazy, maybe even as crazy as me. Kept High-5ing me every time they started into a new song

If you were behind me, I was the guy who knew the set list inside and out and sat down right at intermission, because I knew it was intermission
    --
    Paul

Ah ok, it wasn't you then. I was in Loge 12. What a great experience for you! Glad you had a blast.
  8. Unbelievable show last night. I’m still recovering. I’ll remember last night for both the show itself and the atmosphere. Here’s some of the more interesting things I can remember:

The first few songs made me wish I had seen them when they were just starting out, or had seen them in an intimate club gig. I’ve never seen Electric Co. live until last night, and it was the one song I really hoped the played. I can see why Bono used to climb things during it – it just makes you want to jump or crowd surf or something.

I think it was in Electric Co., or maybe Vertigo, that Bono inserted the lyric “Put down your phones.” After that, the only other time I saw a ton of phone lights was With or Without You.

In my dreams I was drowning my sorrows, I want to stand by myself in an empty arena and have Edge play just the chorus to Cedarwood Road over and over again to me.

I fell asleep standing up during Snooze for Someone Song for Someone has…a nice little Edge solo.

Raised By Wolves → UTEOTW + amazing visuals = monster. My favorite part of the entire show.

EBTTRT remix is a stomper and so. Much. Fun.

Edge did this deep back bend while he played on the E stage at some point, I think during Elevation.

Ordinary Love is beautiful. Too bad they didn’t play Stuck.

My section went nuts for Bullet. There was a huge close up on the screen of just Edge’s guitar, all in black and white, while he did the solo.

Bad. Holy shit. Bono did the Moment of Surrender snippet and my heart stopped. Then the backing track started and I went nuts. I don’t care if it was the worst or best version of it – it’s so powerful live, more powerful than Streets for me last night.

We booed Bono when he thanked the big companies like Starbucks. They showed his reaction on the screen: he grinned and shrugged, and I think he said something like, “Well, you guys are honest.”

The One sing-a-long was nice – but 40 was the kicker. A huge part of the crowd kept singing “How long to sing this song” as we walked out of the Garden into the street. Unbelievable.

The visuals for the entire show, especially from Iris onward, are stunning – everyone always posts Twitter photos of Iris and Cedarwood Road, but Invisible, EBTTRT, Bullet, and COBL are just as amazing.

This was a hometown crowd for sure. From where I was sitting and from what I could see, once they got to Vertigo, it looked like every seat was filled in the lower area and the entire GA was packed. The entire crowd went nuts on I Will Follow, the beginning of Sunday Bloody Sunday (then everyone got confused because they were playing it so slow), Elevation, Mysterious Ways, Beautiful Day, Bad, and especially 40.

There were a lot of longtime fans – I saw a lot of vintage UF and JT Tour t-shirts. I sat next to a gentleman who told me his first shows were the Worcester UF shows, and he had seen the band a bunch of times after. We didn’t get to talk anymore because the show started, and he left before I could talk to him after the show.

Before we went inside, I waited with a small crowd outside a different entrance to the Garden that the band were supposedly going to enter through for soundcheck (they didn’t; they were already there). It’s right on a busy city street, so people walking by and people on the Boston Tour buses and trolleys who drove by kept asking us who we were waiting for. Every reaction I saw was positive (I’m sure there were some negative ones elsewhere) – there was one full bus of people that collectively cheered when we said U2. That was the atmosphere I experienced all day and even after the concert ended.

There were other little things that were great, but I can’t remember right now. It was just a really fun and energetic atmosphere all around – and an amazing show. I’m still having withdrawals.

Have an absolute blast to all those going tonight
  9. Originally posted by AllBecauseOfU2:Unbelievable show last night. I’m still recovering. I’ll remember last night for both the show itself and the atmosphere. Here’s some of the more interesting things I can remember:

The first few songs made me wish I had seen them when they were just starting out, or had seen them in an intimate club gig. I’ve never seen Electric Co. live until last night, and it was the one song I really hoped the played. I can see why Bono used to climb things during it – it just makes you want to jump or crowd surf or something.

YES! TOTALLY! I too, wish I had seen them earlier than JT. I got to see The Alarm at The Paradise in '90 or '91. The closest I ever got to seeing U2 in a small venue was seeing my *other* favorite band in that same place

In my dreams I was drowning my sorrows, I want to stand by myself in an empty arena and have Edge play just the chorus to Cedarwood Road over and over again to me.

For me, it's Bad. I could listen to Edge play that riff all day long. But yeah, Cedarwood Road is another great melody!

I fell asleep standing up during Snooze for Someone Song for Someone has…a nice little Edge solo.

I love this sone. Don't know why. I think it's the harmony between Bono's voice and Edge's guitar.

EBTTRT remix is a stomper and so. Much. Fun.

I'm actually shocked no one else has mentioned this or that it's not getting more discussion. IMO this is THE BEST SONG of the set list on this tour. Larry's drums of just FREAKING AMAZING! I wish they let him do this more. I absolutely love what they've done with this song. IMO, it's Even Better Than The Original Real Thing

Edge did this deep back bend while he played on the E stage at some point, I think during Elevation.

Totally missed this

Ordinary Love is beautiful. Too bad they didn’t play Stuck.

Meh. Could do with out OL. But totally agree with you about SIAM.

My section went nuts for Bullet.

Did any section NOT go nuts for this

There was a huge close up on the screen of just Edge’s guitar, all in black and white, while he did the solo.

Oh this one: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxviDjIVq5IuRXc0eGt4dm16VDA

Bad. Holy shit. Bono did the Moment of Surrender snippet and my heart stopped. Then the backing track started and I went nuts. I don’t care if it was the worst or best version of it – it’s so powerful live, more powerful than Streets for me last night.

Yeah, all that and more! Couldn't believe they played Bad. The one song I was absolutely dying for. My all-time favorite. I haven't heard them play it since the JT tour, and every time I've hoped and prayed. I about died when I heard the opening notes from Edge's guitar on this!

We booed Bono when he thanked the big companies like Starbucks. They showed his reaction on the screen: he grinned and shrugged, and I think he said something like, “Well, you guys are honest.”

They sponsored the tours, and they're sponsoring/underwriting the cost a lot of the drugs the RED campaign is sending to Africa to stop the spread of HIV/AIDS. His words were:

"Well, you're honest, but those people, they don't give a FUCK where the money comes. And more and more they DO know the money is coming from the tax payers in America!"

In general, I agree with you about the general sentiment about many of the large corporations. I also agree with Bono. I don't view most large corporations as evil. Most of them aren't. People like to paint things as either black or white, and really, everything is some shade of grey. But yeah, when Bono gets to his political proselytizing, I very quickly move into what I call the "Shut-up and Sing mode". I didn't come here to be preached to, and you're probably not going to convert me, so, "shut-up and sing"

The One sing-a-long was nice – but 40 was the kicker. A huge part of the crowd kept singing “How long to sing this song” as we walked out of the Garden into the street. Unbelievable.

This was the other moment for me. This just brings back tons of memories of the JT tour and everyone leaving the Centrum and walking the streets of Worcester singing that refrain for long after the show ended. I really wish they kept this as a permanent show closer, though, that may well make it less special than it is.

There were a lot of longtime fans – I saw a lot of vintage UF and JT Tour t-shirts.

I was wearing my ZooTV shirt, and lent my wife my JT tour shirt. Saw a couple of vintage UF shirts, but honestly, they looked too new to me to have been actual tour shirts. I'm guessing they were remakes bought off the web. Very possibly to replace one long ago worn out, but still doesn't count IMO

We got tons of comments on our shirts, mostly people couldn't believe we still had shirts that 30 or so years old that were in such good condition. Guess I had the foresight early on that these would be worth retiring early. I've got shirts from the ATYCLB and HTDAAB tours that have never even been worn, and the shirts I picked up last night will go right into the archive unworn as well. I just wish I had retired my JT tour shirts unworn as well

There were other little things that were great, but I can’t remember right now. It was just a really fun and energetic atmosphere all around – and an amazing show. I’m still having withdrawals.

I know what you mean! More and more things keep coming to me today. This is likely to be one of the most memorable shows ever for me. Though, I'm going again Tuesday night and we're bringing our 2 girls. I'm beyond ecstatic for them to experience this! I've been waiting for this day since they were born
  10. 24 minutes guys, where are you?
  11. At my apartment! I took a short nap just before, so I'm ready for this
  12. When did they start last night? I was thinking around 40-50 minutes before showtime, assuming they start at around 8:20