1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    There's a sea of phones in front of the photographer (and probably another sea behind him). They're all taking the same pic and/or crappy video of the same moment, a crappy vid/photo they'll probably share on an even crappier social media like Instacrap or Facebook and then forget about it for the rest of their lives...
    Likely, but it´s their shot from the show - on their phones. Their memorandum from the show. But of course I totally agree with you on the fact, that nowadays some folk without any particular reason like to watch the concert their attending to through a viewfinder.
  2. Originally posted by ranter:[..]
    Likely, but it´s their shot from the show - on their phones. Their memorandum from the show. But of course I totally agree with you on the fact, that nowadays some folk without any particular reason like to watch the concert their attending to through a viewfinder.
    true

3. Yes but U2 uses these visuals as a photo moment anyway. 100% on purpose.

They even pose under the tree for several seconds to let people take a picture . Its a perfectly timed "photo op" purely for promotional reasons , and I think its a very smart move. Its a simple but stunning visual. Looks good from practically every angle with a camera or phone. And then get on with the show.

By focussing those things on one song I think they are hoping people will be less obsessed with taking the perfect picture afterwards.

But I don't think that actually happens.
  4. At one of the ie shows in Glasgow there was a woman right up the front who had her phone filming Edge and only Edge, song after song. Was a bit annoying, like put the phone down and rock out, you know?
  5. Originally posted by mofothethird:[..]

Yes but U2 uses these visuals as a photo moment anyway. 100% on purpose.

They even pose under the tree for several seconds to let people take a picture . Its a perfectly timed "photo op" purely for promotional reasons , and I think its a very smart move. Its a simple but stunning visual. Looks good from practically every angle with a camera or phone. And then get on with the show.

By focussing those things on one song I think they are hoping people will be less obsessed with taking the perfect picture afterwards.

But I don't think that actually happens.

I hadn't thought of the photogenicity of the moment, but you are right.

Sadly, it doesn't happen though
  6. Originally posted by ChargedVT:At one of the ie shows in Glasgow there was a woman right up the front who had her phone filming Edge and only Edge, song after song. Was a bit annoying, like put the phone down and rock out, you know?
    Sad.

But surprising, I thought Glasgow had been the best show ever and everyone was absolutely buzzed and rocking out.

7. "Put your hand against the screen"
  8. Originally posted by ChargedVT:At one of the ie shows in Glasgow there was a woman right up the front who had her phone filming Edge and only Edge, song after song. Was a bit annoying, like put the phone down and rock out, you know?

Yeah, on a par with drunks and rowdy peeps who yap yap all the way thru songs. I was listening to Pieter Hofstee's recording of TJT 30 @ Seattle over the weekend - excellent recording but let down slightly by a couple of rowdy girls stood near him - and I kid you not they were trying to outdo each other by howling like dogs (no exaggeration) over the end of 'Mothers Of The Disappeared'.... WTF???! It carried on into 'Beautiful Day' too - really moronic, kinda killed the moment, I'd have been pretty pissed had I been stood near them. If you want to chat all the way through a show or act like a 5 year old go see Miley or Bieber or whoever. /endrant
  9. Which would you prefer. The rowdy drunks in GA or everyone on their phones? I find it rare that people are both at the same time...