1. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    A bit of good news: President Santos and FARC's leader Timoleon said they were going to continue their peace efforts. I hope they come up with an agreement that everyone can accept. As Bono said, compromise can be a deadly word.
    I talked to a friend of mine from Colombia this morning. He said a hard part of voting yes for him was the fact that part of the deal would have given them (without election) 30 senate seats and no penance or punishment. He thinks if they had allowed them to form their party and run for elections, it may have been enough to pass the yes. I'm guessing these are the main points that Santos will be discussing with the no voters he says he'll be sitting down with. Madness is a global epidemic.

On a lighter note, 50.2 is not a great disparity... .3% compromise is all they need.
  2. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    I talked to a friend of mine from Colombia this morning. He said a hard part of voting yes for him was the fact that part of the deal would have given them (without election) 30 senate seats and no penance or punishment. He thinks if they had allowed them to form their party and run for elections, it may have been enough to pass the yes. I'm guessing these are the main points that Santos will be discussing with the no voters he says he'll be sitting down with. Madness is a global epidemic.

On a lighter note, 50.2 is not a great disparity... .3% compromise is all they need.
    I read that the agreement allowed the FARC to have their own party and at least 10 seats in congress. That was actually the deal-breaker for many people and that's why they voted no.
    This is the main point: 67% of the population didn't vote. I can't understand this. I mean, if you were to elect another corrupt politician I get that you want to stay at home, but don't people want to say something about peace, whether it's yes or no?
    Ah, those millennials.
    The bad thing is that as Santos said, there was no plan B. No one knows if there's going to be more peace talks or not. People that voted "no" said it was because they voted for "justice". Well, guess what? Colombia has no peace and no justice right now.
  3. Spidermen...Bono

A photo posted by U2 Official (@u2) on

4. Boy Falls From The Sky confirmed for Dreamforce.
    Spoiler (click to toggle)
    Not
  5. By the way, don't you think Gavin Friday looks like Paul McGuinness there?
  6. Seems like Edge is back in Ireland! Even though Morleigh posted a picture of California this morning.

Killiney Beach...Edge

A photo posted by U2 Official (@u2) on