1. It is a downright sin that EBW isn't being played with the full electric arrangement. Could really do some great visuals with waves sweeping across the screen when the chorus drops.

Volcano was supposed to be "an integral part of the show" at one point, according to Bono, it's a shame that's not true at the moment.

Overall, I guess EBW electric wins it for me though.
  2. All 5.
  3. My second choice is Lucifer's hands as the opening song
  4. Crystal Ballroom would be a great set closer IMO but the one I really want to hear is Sleep Like A Baby; either version would suffice. Gorgeous song, really dark, possibly too much so considering the personal aspect of the show now.

If you want to explore the aspects of innocence then clergy sex abuse would be an interesting theme, albeit very dark.
  5. Originally posted by MattG:It is a downright sin that EBW isn't being played with the full electric arrangement. Could really do some great visuals with waves sweeping across the screen when the chorus drops.

Volcano was supposed to be "an integral part of the show" at one point, according to Bono, it's a shame that's not true at the moment.

Overall, I guess EBW electric wins it for me though.
    There was even that absurd Volcano Tour rumour
  6. Originally posted by KaiserJose:Crystal Ballroom would be a great set closer IMO but the one I really want to hear is Sleep Like A Baby; either version would suffice. Gorgeous song, really dark, possibly too much so considering the personal aspect of the show now.

If you want to explore the aspects of innocence then clergy sex abuse would be an interesting theme, albeit very dark.
    If I get it right, it's not just about "innocence", but about their innocence, and as powerful as that song/topic is, as far as we know is not as personal as some other songs.

If I try to rank the songs for how personal they are for them (or for Bono at least), maybe I'll get something like this:

Very Personal:
    Iris
    Cedarwood Road
    Song For Someone
    Raised By Wolves
    Joey Ramone
    Every Breaking Wave

Somewhat Personal:
    California
    Volcano
    Crystal Ballroom

Not so Personal:
    Troubles
    Sleep Like a Baby
    Reach Me Now

Granted is a really quick superfluous exercise, but comparing that list with the 4 setlists so far, it kinda makes sense...
  7. Like to hear all of them... but my vote is for Crystal Ballroom
  8. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    If I get it right, it's not just about "innocence", but about their innocence, and as powerful as that song/topic is, as far as we know is not as personal as some other songs.

If I try to rank the songs for how personal they are for them (or for Bono at least), maybe I'll get something like this:

Very Personal:
    Iris
    Cedarwood Road
    Song For Someone
    Raised By Wolves
    Joey Ramone
    Every Breaking Wave

Somewhat Personal:
    California
    Volcano
    Crystal Ballroom

Not so Personal:
    Troubles
    Sleep Like a Baby
    Reach Me Now

Granted is a really quick superfluous exercise, but comparing that list with the 4 setlists so far, it kinda makes sense...
    Have you read the meaning behing The Crystal Ballroom? I would say it's just as personal as it can get. Much more than The Miracle or Every Breaking Wave (which is very abstract and poetic and could be about a thousand things).
  9. Bono about playing The Crystal Ballroom. See 1.58 minute
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Have you read the meaning behing The Crystal Ballroom? I would say it's just as personal as it can get. Much more than The Miracle or Every Breaking Wave (which is very abstract and poetic and could be about a thousand things).
    Yes, absolutely. maybe I underated it in this (quick-superflous) ranking.

To further my point, that's the song they've hinted the most that they want to play it ("it's really important for me to play it" something like that were his words yesterday, right?).

Anyway, it makes sense. this "all on or all over" tour it's about how personal it is. If people is not totally into Iris, they're willing to die for it, but if people is not totally into The Troubles, they won't risk more than it's necessary, no matter how good the "song" is, they won't die for it. Same applies to Sleep and Reach.
  11. all