2015-05-22 - Phoenix
Turne: Innocence and Experience tour
Songs played: 27
Ses kayıtları: 5
Videolar: 1
  1. Originally posted by lucas_ramos1000:[..]
    I watched in periscope the shows and it's almost the same concert in every night. One or two songs switched the places but it's almost the same.
    I know that Live is where they live. It's only this, good just for the audience that attended the show.
    I still with the opinion that night after night the concert is getting bored.
    Well yeah. If you're planning to watch every single show, yes, It'll be boring. Spoilers: It won't change. The tour is not designed for people to watch every single concert (through an unofficial stream none the less) and keep on surprising them.
    I'm very sure that they absolutely don't give a fuck if people find it boring after watching 5 shows through periscope, including between 2 and 5 songs rotating each night. They won't change that. That's the part when someone just says: "well, you can't please everyone" and move on.

Originally posted by treasure:Unfortunately I think Elevation and New Year's day will have pushed out some of the new songs by the time they come to Europe
    Not sure how that'll work in this tour. If they indeed are telling a full story instead of just playing songs, I don't think there'll be many dropped songs, only rotational songs.
  2. Does anyone think Angel of Harlem and WLCTT are done? And also Troubles
  3. I think the concert doesnt depend only of setlist, the band mood, the crowd helps a lot, I think we complain of some songs because we are not there, but when you are there it's another experience....
  4. by the way... Bring The Troubles back U2, please
  5. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    Well yeah. If you're planning to watch every single show, yes, It'll be boring. Spoilers: It won't change. The tour is not designed for people to watch every single concert (through an unofficial stream none the less) and keep on surprising them.
    I'm very sure that they absolutely don't give a fuck if people find it boring after watching 5 shows through periscope, including between 2 and 5 songs rotating each night. They won't change that. That's the part when someone just says: "well, you can't please everyone" and move on.

[..]
    Not sure how that'll work in this tour. If they indeed are telling a full story instead of just playing songs, I don't think there'll be many dropped songs, only rotational songs.
    I watched the opening and last night concert.
    I know they don't give a shit about watch on periscope.
    Well, IMO the concert in that way, is boring to watch, in the middle of set, especially.
    And I say that judging one set list.
    360 tour was the same setlist on the first leg, but IMO the concerts was not boring.
    Well, it's my opinion. Good to listen different opinions.
  6. I don't know why they would give up on Troubles. I saw it live in Vancouver and it was great. The crowd was receptive at least around me and it is not the kind of song you jump around to anyway. It worked a lot better than California IMHO which was frankly pretty flat when they played it on the 2nd night (sorry!). I don't think it's done, maybe they feel they need to work out kinks. And I think AofH will show up periodically. I predict Troubles will appear tonight!
  7. Originally posted by cqleonardo:I think the concert doesnt depend only of setlist, the band mood, the crowd helps a lot, I think we complain of some songs because we are not there, but when you are there it's another experience....
    Agreed. But the concert that I attended in 2011, I listened 12 songs that they are playing now. It's the half of the concert!
  8. I think they should drop some songs for the second night in each venue... They played Even Better, WOWY, Still, City and BD yesterday... They should drop those out and play something different
  9. I honestly believe that if you want to enjoy a show, this tour, or even this band, you need to stop thinking about that, because like I said, they won't change that.

Expect the show to remain fairly static, with only a handful of songs rotating. If that's not enough for you, that's too bad, but there's no point in thinking/saying over and over again that they should drop xx and xx song and play yy and yy instead.
    Specially if you're not just talking about one or two songs, but about half of the concert.

They're not a band that "plays songs" in their concert, they're a band that carefully craft a whole show for the tour, including songs, video, special effects and theatrics, and leave only a small window for them to change from night to night.
    That's not gonna change. And I -and many many many people- still enjoy it that way; but the first step to enjoy it, is to stop thinking about what they don't do or what they are not. Just enjoy what they are and what they do. Or don't.

10. Angel of Harlem is one of their big singalongs and it was (heavily?) rehearsed before the tour started, so, that'll remain in the show on a rotational basis.

When Love was NOT rehearsed, and it's not one of their most played songs, however the audience response was very good AND (sadly, but...) BB King passed away, so I'm pretty sure that it'll be often played.

Troubles... the song is great but I think Bono is not enjoying that song emotionally, they've already tried a couple of times in different spots on the setlist and both times has been dropped during the show, that's not a good sign.
    Obviously they could play it today and that's it, problem solved. But otherwise I would guess they'll wait until they feel more comfortable with the show before giving it another try. That or hopefully somewhere in night 3 or 4 of a multiple night show city.
  11. Definitely the section from Iris through Bullet is fixed until at least next November. If the troubles isn't played tonight we can forget about it.

I complained about Pride during the rehearsals but I'm actually enjoying it on this tour - nicer key I think