1. Keep in mind:

someone messed up and removed the exciting part of Bullet from ALL the bootlegs of the Vertigo tour.

Just saying it so you don't feel disappointed when you download them.
    There's no need to report it. Just try to enjoy it as is.
  2. Originally posted by treasure:But it's funny. It changes. My Montreal 13.10.89 always bothered me cause it was missing Bullet & I knew Bullet was a standard. I downloaded the full show today from Start but still think Bad & Diemen's Land are in the wrong slots in the setlist !!

Montreal 89? You did definitely drink too much yesterday night
  3. Which is coincidentally the second bootleg I ever downloaded in my life right after Madrid '87!

(and my way to stay on topic is: Madrid '87 is a Must Have........ for all Spanish fans at least! Sound is not precisely brilliant BUT the band and audience were on fire, U2's first concert in Spain, 125.000 people, etc. )
  4. Milano 22-5-1992. Best show, best version of Bad and great audience.
  5. Originally posted by Bloodraven:Keep in mind:

someone messed up and removed the exciting part of Bullet from ALL the bootlegs of the Vertigo tour.

Just saying it so you don't feel disappointed when you download them.
    There's no need to report it. Just try to enjoy it as is.
    Must be a conspiracy.
  6. Indeed; the sing-along is mind-blowing.
    Check Love is Blindness, all other audience were not a patch on Milan's on the Zoo TV tour.
  7. I always think I have the definitive group of bootlegs, and then threads like this pop up again and make me reconsider it all again. Lots of good suggestions, but I'll just add a few:

Lovetown - Dublin (1989.12.26)
    In my opinion, this is the best of the Point Depot shows. It has the best version of One Tree Hill ever played and is just solid all around. My second favorite is the 12.30 show (has a great version of 11 O'Clock and She's a Mystery to Me).

Popmart - Santiago (1998.02.11)
    Sarajevo is good, but if you want one where Bono's voice isn't shot, this is a very emotional show. One of the few occasions when they played MOTD too.

Elevation - Chicago (2001.05.15)
    Great sounding earlier show with some rarer songs including Discotheque and 11 O'Clock Tick Tock. One of my personal favorites.

Vertigo - Chicago (2005.09.21)
    Includes a rare version of WGRYWH and probably my favorite ever version of Bad with an almost-complete version of The First Time in the middle of it.

Now I have to go listen to some of these others shows people suggested...
  8. The Chicago Elevation shows are some of the best U2 performances I've ever listened to.

Berlin's ZooTV show was pretty nuts as well, if I recall correctly. High energy performance. A favorite of mine that doesn't get mentioned often.

Misremembering something above, I checked my review and it wasn't stellar...let me find the show i'm thinking of.

EDIT: Paris is the one I was thinking of. Berlin stuck in my mind because Flanagan wrote in U2 At the End Of The World that the show had a big emotional blow when the fire-cross turned into a swastika during BTBS and Bono said "Don't let it happen again". But alas, not the show I was thinking of.
  9. I'm new to this U2 bootleg thing but my favorites so far are: Milan 92 (the one that So Cruel was snippeted in Bad), Santiago 98 and Dublin 89
  10. Any Italian show is bound to be amazing, lifted to a higher level by the crowds.

Let yourself get addicted to bootlegs, that's the best thing...listen to three or four shows in a row on a tour, and see how the songs grow and change each night!

Joshua Tree and ZooTV were two great tours to do that with, and our reviews section of every show can help you see some insight into which ones you might enjoy.