1. Also, why did you choose Tokyo Popmart for Wake Up Dead Man instead of Mexico City? We can't put bootlegs of official material, but you included ZooTV Sydney.
  2. wow this is some impressive work
  3. Compadre, how do you feel about IEM/Audience matrices? Are they also a big no-no for this game?
  4. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:I still think the War London show is fantastic, but ok, if you want A Celebration from a complete show, 1983-02-28 Edinbugh is a better choice.

Giving it a listen as I type this. Newcastle was a last minute addition originally, so I'm not surprised at all that it was not the best choice for the part.

Originally posted by cesar_garza01:And I get why you chose Mexico 360 for Scarlet, but the audience recording is not that great. 360 Montreal 2011-07-09 has sound quality as good as any official recording.

Thanks for the tip. Yeah, basically it was a "Mexico doesn't sound bad, it has Zooropa and Scarlet, so why not?", but I'll (download, listen and) edit that one.

Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Also, why did you choose Tokyo Popmart for Wake Up Dead Man instead of Mexico City? We can't put bootlegs of official material, but you included ZooTV Sydney.

Because Bad.
    My Bad

I was being biased but yeah, Mexico would work better if you don't care that much about Bad which is not the point of this list, so I'll edit it.

(Also, keep in mind that this list was part of a much bigger exercise I made with the goal: to have in 3 shows per tour, the max ammount of songs, including all those belonging to the corresponding album, with the best quality possible -restricted to full concerts-.
    I already had Sarajevo, Las Vegas was a must for the number of Pop "rarities" and I just couldn't leave Bad out of Popmart... Mexico lost against Tokyo -beause Bad- and Leeds lost against Sarajevo -because Sarajevo-)

---

listening to Edinburgh War, I love the Brick-Day Without Me combo, audience love it too...

---

Hey Thanks!!!

I don't like IEM's because a) no audience sound and b) voice off counting or metronome.
    Usually a matrix fix the first one but not the latter.
    The counting is interesting as a document, as a behind the scenes clip, but I can't enjoy it for more than a couple of minutes of it.

On the other hand, I'm trying to get a Glastonbury-Stingray "studio" version out of the IEMs, so maybe they're good for something else...

---

Since I'm already getting suggestions, which shows would you suggest for:

Unforgettable Fire Tour (besides Milano/Bologna)? I'm leaning towards Edinbourgh/Glasgow in the second leg, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something else.

And for ZOO TV (preferably 1st leg, but 2nd or 3rd are ok), besides Stockholm (and Foxboro/Tacoma, which are not amazing quality, but serve their purpose)?
  5. Ugh... Edinburgh has a big flaw between Twilight and Out of Control
    ...it was so perfect until that point!

(damn... I'll try to fix it... )
  6. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]

Giving it a listen as I type this. Newcastle was a last minute addition originally, so I'm not surprised at all that it was not the best choice for the part.

[..]

Thanks for the tip. Yeah, basically it was a "Mexico doesn't sound bad, it has Zooropa and Scarlet, so why not?", but I'll (download, listen and) edit that one.

[..]

Because Bad.
    My Bad

I was being biased but yeah, Mexico would work better if you don't care that much about Bad which is not the point of this list, so I'll edit it.

(Also, keep in mind that this list was part of a much bigger exercise I made with the goal: to have in 3 shows per tour, the max ammount of songs, including all those belonging to the corresponding album, with the best quality possible -restricted to full concerts-.
    I already had Sarajevo, Las Vegas was a must for the number of Pop "rarities" and I just couldn't leave Bad out of Popmart... Mexico lost against Tokyo -beause Bad- and Leeds lost against Sarajevo -because Sarajevo-)

---

listening to Edinburgh War, I love the Brick-Day Without Me combo, audience love it too...

---

[..]

Hey Thanks!!!

[..]

I don't like IEM's because a) no audience sound and b) voice off counting or metronome.
    Usually a matrix fix the first one but not the latter.
    The counting is interesting as a document, as a behind the scenes clip, but I can't enjoy it for more than a couple of minutes of it.

On the other hand, I'm trying to get a Glastonbury-Stingray "studio" version out of the IEMs, so maybe they're good for something else...

---

Since I'm already getting suggestions, which shows would you suggest for:

Unforgettable Fire Tour (besides Milano/Bologna)? I'm leaning towards Edinbourgh/Glasgow in the second leg, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something else.

And for ZOO TV (preferably 1st leg, but 2nd or 3rd are ok), besides Stockholm (and Foxboro/Tacoma, which are not amazing quality, but serve their purpose)?
    For UF shows:
    84-10-30 Rotterdam, 84-11-05 Edinburgh, 84-11-06 Glasgow, 84-11-07 Glasgow, Milan, Bologna, 85-03-21 Chicago, 85-04-15 East Rutherford, 85-04-18 Worcester. I have all these shows in my ipod and I treasure all of them. I love the Dortmund show, but it is incomplete, seems you won't want it.

For ZooTV 1st leg: 92-03-27 Auburn Hills, 92-04-07 Austin, 92-04-18 Oakland, 92-04-23 Vancouver
    2nd Leg: Paris, Gent, Milan 05-22 (LDB Series), Dortmund 92-06-04, Kiel 92-06-13, Rotterdam 92-06-15
  7. Bloodraven: I forgot to mention this. You're still missing a few songs -all U2 originals-:
    Lucille. I'd use the Joshua Tree 1987-04-05 Tucson show. The Marc Anderson source is great and you can fill in the missing tracks with the other source. Or you can use the 1987-09-08 New York radio interview.

Womanfish. Yeah, it still counts, doesn't it? 1986-03-01 Dublin

We Love You. 2001-08-06 Antwerp, no other show.
  8. We have now an audience recording for the Coimbra show with Boy Falls From The Sky on it.
  9. Great piece of work. And also a usefull database for my own U2 collection.
  10. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Bloodraven: I forgot to mention this. You're still missing a few songs -all U2 originals-:
    Lucille. I'd use the Joshua Tree 1987-04-05 Tucson show. The Marc Anderson source is great and you can fill in the missing tracks with the other source. Or you can use the 1987-09-08 New York radio interview.

Womanfish. Yeah, it still counts, doesn't it? 1986-03-01 Dublin

We Love You. 2001-08-06 Antwerp, no other show.

I'll check them later... I missed Lucille and We Love You for sure, but I thought they never played Womanfish in any concert, I thought it was just in a TV show? I loved that performance by the way, I enjoyed it way more than Trip Through Your Wires.

Yes!

Thanks!
  11. Oh yes, Womanfish is from a TV show. Very funny. It was even a Show of the month here for April Fools one year.
  12. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]

I'll check them later... I missed Lucille and We Love You for sure, but I thought they never played Womanfish in any concert, I thought it was just in a TV show? I loved that performance by the way, I enjoyed it way more than Trip Through Your Wires.

Yes , they only played on that tv show. That day Bono was very drunk that explain that TTYW version