1. Originally posted by iTim:"I've had this idea, taken from The Beatles and I think it's something we should do. I'm trying to convince my bandmates to do this. I think what we should as a band is we should go to Hamburg, or the like, ok? We should learn 50 songs, other artists songs. And we should basically go out and do a short tour as a cover band. Play the clubs, learn all the stuff, you know, maybe some smooth jazz, whatever. And then, we should go into a studio or go into a room and write. And spend two months writing. I would just love to see what would happen.

I just think that would be a very interesting thing to do and I also think it could be a six-part HBO series as well."

- Larry Mullen
    This would actually be really nice. I would LOVE to see Edge do some A Flock of Seagulls songs.

Not exactly the hits, more like: Windows, Quicksand, Nightmares, Traveler, Suicide Day, Remember David, DNA and others.
  2. Originally posted by INCA:[..]
    This would actually be really nice. I would LOVE to see Edge do some A Flock of Seagulls songs.

Not exactly the hits, more like: Windows, Quicksand, Nightmares, Traveler, Suicide Day, Remember David, DNA and others.
    Remember

David... What a great f**king song!

Story of a Young Heart - Flock of Seagulls finest hour.
  3. Lots of people hate the third album. But not as much as the fourth one.

'Suicide Day' is one seriously serious song with some excellent guitar. And I think Edge would do a pretty good version even if he isn't as good as Paul Reynolds.

4. He was very much ill during Chicago 1. His performance wasn't bad by any standards, but he did have to make significant adaptations to keep it that way.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:Some official data. Figures are (obviously) inferior to the 360 shows but still pretty good. The average ticket price at around $110 seems legit, although a bit higher than I expected.

[image]

Update:

Vancouver, British Columbia - Rogers Arena
    Revenue: $3,810,775
    Attendance: 36,442
    Sold Out: 2 of 2

San Jose, California - SAP Center
    Revenue: $4,385,885
    Attendance: 35,398
    Sold Out 2 of 2

Phoenix, Arizona - US Airways Center
    Revenue: $3,992,985
    Attendance: 34,626

Inglewood, California - The Forum
    Revenue: $9,886,540
    Attendance: 83,505
    Sold Out: 5 of 5

Denver, Colorado - Pepsi Center
    Revenue: $3,114,935
    Attendance: 28,141

Montreal, Quebec - Bell Centre
    Revenue: $7,236,524
    Attendance: 80,911
    Sold Out: 4 of 4

Chicago, Illinois - United Center
    Revenue: $11,347,305
    Attendance: 95,070
    Sold Out: 5 of 5

Toronto, Ontario - Air Canada Centre
    Revenue: $4,447,473
    Attendance: 38,364

Total
    Revenue: $48,222,422
    Attendance: 432,457
    Sold Out: 24 of 24
  6. Where's our cut? Spend my evenings, well out of regular working hours, getting drunk and pointing out all their mistakes. That's got to warrant some sort of compensation.
  7. Interesting read, if you're a fellow nerd. (No seriously, it's far more about drooling over numbers that it is about U2)
  8. Might not be the right place, but does anyone know if there's a multicam project planned for Amsterdam?
  9. new york 1 best show so far??? i think so was so stunned to hear October would of been nice to see nyd after but still!
  10. if you mean the DVD, I'm not sure but for this tour i would guess that the DVD would be somewhere in Europe or even New York
  11. ^^^No I mean a fan project .
  12. The Roxy is the best show so far! All about the music and not about walking through screens.