January 10, 1990

Recorded by [MvdV?]##
    Remastered by BigGiRL (2015)

"ROCK N' ROLL LOVETOWN"
    (25th anniversary edition)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/sakxxp

https://www.sendspace.com/file/g605gk

https://www.sendspace.com/file/0tdwmf

LINEAGE: [Unknown (analogue?)## master] > 2nd gen DAT. AKA Goodnight from Lovetown#
    > REMASTER: [WAV] speed correction* > [Pristine Sounds] > EQ > > Generic noise surppresion
    "This is OK" > Volume adjustment > Edit^ & track split > FLAC > TLH

(frequency and spectrum analysis + checksum & artwork are included)

Track list:

01. Bullet The Blue Sky
    02. Desire
    03. All Along The Watchtower
    04. Slow Dancing
    05. All I Want Is You
    06. Where The Streets Have No Name
    07. I Will Follow
    08. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    09. People Get Ready (feat. Daniel Baars on guitar)^^
    10. Bad
    11. Van Diemen's Land
    12. New Year's Day
    13. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
    14. [encore break]
    15. Angel Of Harlem
    [fade out/fade in]
    16. When Love Comes To Town (feat. BB King)
    17. Love Rescue Me (feat. BB King)
    18. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock
    19. Out Of Control
    20. "40"

*Reference for speed correction:
    Marcel Anders "MA D6 Version" [Lineage : 1st gen tape (2xXLII90) > wt2496 > CEPRO > CDWAV > FLAC]>
    SPEED CORRECTION (1) -7/100 semitone: Track "01-All you need is Love (tape)" matches the original Beatles track] >
    SPEED CORRECTION (2) -49/100 semitone: BTBS from "MA D6 Version" matches BTBS from Goodnight from Lovetown.

^EDITS:
    -intro: first 5 seconds from "MA D6 version" to create smooth fade in.
    -transition between "Bad" and "VDL" patched from crowd noise elsewhere
    -fix of AOH-WLCTT transition (see also below)

# Original Notes (Justin Cook & Mike):
    "...this bootleg was mastered from a second generation DAT. Sound quality and clarity
    are phenomenal. The overall sound is very crisp and there is very little background noise.
    A quick check of the recording revealed only one very minor blemish, a few seconds of
    dead air between "When Love Comes To Town" and "Love Rescue Me"."

"Justin mentions this is a second gen DAT. I don't know exactly what that means, but there it is.
    Nothing much to add, this is the same recording used for All I Want is U2 and the copies
    of that (see FLOM). Were it not for the audience noise, which sometimes is nonexistent but
    sometimes borders on intrusive, this would be about the best audience recording ever.
    The sound is just amazingly powerful and clear, like the Dublin LoveTown shows, only this is
    an audience recordings. I think it's a bit better than the other bootlegs, but not that much.
    Considering the source though, it's nice to have. No flaws to speak of other than above, and
    that some crowd noise (as on the bootlegs) seems to be edited out (unless it's just a fade where
    the recording stopped briefly), but no songs are missing. If you have no other recording of this
    show, or really love it, not a bad item to trade for."

## Additional Notes from B!gGiRL (2015):
    "Unlikely to me that the master has been a DAT considering the amount of so-called "white"
    noise, and the similarity with the MvdV recordings of January 6 & 9. It must be noted here
    that the latter was remastered for the Angel of Rotterdam bootleg and the former for
    Rotterdam Lovetown, but it is my experience that the MvdV masters can easily be made
    sounding just as clear as this gem of the 10th. It is sheer speculation, then, but I would
    guess that this recording from the last night of the tour was also made by MvdV.
    Considering the fact that we're dealing with some copy of the master anyway, it seemed
    fairy unproblematic to remove some of the (white) noise with a generic setting from
    PristineSounds. (It would be another thing, in my opinion, when the original master was
    concerned - Let's hope it will surface one day!).
    Another remark is that there is also some dead air between AOH and WLCTT. Luckily it
    turned out only to be a bad edit, as the first bars of WLCTT are repetitive (and thus easily fixed).

^^source: Collectormania 4 (Spring 1991), p. 24.
  2. ... while I was trying to approach the sound of All I Want Is You as close as I could get, I ended up with two different mixes: one with some compression, and another one with only noise reduction (but no compression).
    I had a hard time deciding which one to share but I liked the one without compression the best. Normally I wouldn't share something with noise reduction, but this time I had a) already deleted the original mix without and b) it does sound so f-in good...
  3. Hell yeah Thanks again! This is one of the best concerts in U2's career and I'm sure you did (or are doing?) a fantastic job trying to get the most of the excellent audio recordings we already had.
  4. ...almost forgot:

Here is a review from Pimm Jal de la Parra of the 4 Rotterdam Lovetown shows that appeared in Collectormania 4 (1991). It is different and a bit longer than the entry in A Concert Documentry.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/fiufbx

(I scan it as a pdf)

Enjoy
  5. Thanks again! So, this is no longer "a work in progress" then? You already did all your good deeds for the entire year with these remasters.
  6. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Thanks again! So, this is no longer "a work in progress" then? You already did all your good deeds for the entire year with these remasters.

Thanks! It's nice to share, really.

The "work in progress" was basically just a phase in the creation of the topic as to see what I was doing while the files were still uploading...
  7. Thanks for you work, I am curious to the results. Friday evening I am going to listen.
  8. Thanks for this! All information about this historical shows is always welcome
  9. The torrent for this great remaster is now in our pages. Lossy version will come soon.
  10. Joyce, you did a good job with this remaster. The speed is more natural and the sound is more clear than the "old" All I want is you recording.

Only there is a error on ISHFWLF and Bad when the file is unpacked.

11. Thanks!

Only there is a error on ISHFWLF and Bad when the file is unpacked.

Can you be more specific about this error? The rar files that contain the flac's seem to unpack just fine, and TLH gives also no errors for decoding flac to wav.
  12. Yeah, I had no errors unpacking your files nor in the conversion.