1. Anyone else likes this "new" band? Two guys making great music, sounds bit like Muse:
  2. Mixture of a lot of bands. Very bluesy like Led Zeppelin, heavy like Black Sabbath, garage like White Stripes, and riff-heavy like Muse. I like them a lot, their debut album is astonishing. I've seen them once and I'm seeing them twice next year. Brilliant band.
  3. Good lyrics, good riffs, but the drummer+guitarist/singer formula is pretty worn out. They're pretty over-rated, although I like them better than the White Stripes. I want to see them live in order to have a proper opinion on them - they don't do nothing special to me on record, and all of their songs sound basically the same (that's what happens when you're just two guys making music virtually no space for style changes).
  4. They're not bad from what I've heard. It's great they've got the simple two-person thing going on, but need to hear more from them before saying 'they're really great'.

Still, good to see this sort of music is still popular. As it should be. Techno and horrible 'dance music' (cough cough **noise**) has surely run its course by now.
  5. Did you see them at The Brits? Phenomenal performance, blew me away. Fantastic album. They're playing in Milan next month and I might get a cheap flight over to see them. I mean, why not?
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:Good lyrics, good riffs, but the drummer+guitarist/singer formula is pretty worn out. They're pretty over-rated, although I like them better than the White Stripes. I want to see them live in order to have a proper opinion on them - they don't do nothing special to me on record, and all of their songs sound basically the same (that's what happens when you're just two guys making music virtually no space for style changes).
    Surprised u like them better than the Stripes. I feel each Stripes album was different , especially since it was only 2 people. I get bored with Royal Blood. I can't make it past the first couple of songs. It all sounds the same to me unfortunately.
  7. I agree.
  8. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    Surprised u like them better than the Stripes. I feel each Stripes album was different , especially since it was only 2 people. I get bored with Royal Blood. I can't make it past the first couple of songs. It all sounds the same to me unfortunately.
    Well, Royal Blood have just one album, so it's virtually impossible that their albums sound different to each other My post above might have to do not only with musical reasons, but with the fact that I pretty much can't stand Jack White.
  9. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Well, Royal Blood have just one album, so it's virtually impossible that their albums sound different to each other My post above might have to do not only with musical reasons, but with the fact that I pretty much can't stand Jack White.
    I understand, he's not very likable. He's created some great music though, which to me is more important than his crummy attitude.
  10. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    I understand, he's not very likable. He's created some great music though, which to me is more important than his crummy attitude.
    Yeah, but I can't stand his voice either, lol. So it's a no-no for me.

Anyway, as I said above, the drums+guitar formula is so limited that everything done based on it will sound repetitive and similar, it just can't be otherwise.
  11. After a second album, Royal Blood won't have the sort of exposure they currently have. There's only so much you can do with just guitar and drums. Saying that, the debut album doesn't sound all the same, to be honest.

Seen them at Barrowlands in Glasgow last week and they were an incredible live act.
  12. New album coming!