We would like to know which shows you attended and which shows you are going to attend. On this page you can see which members attended or are going to attend this show. Maybe you can send some of them a private message to meet up or talk about this show.
This part is only rated, not commented on Recording: "Milesian Remaster" - 4 stars
This part is only rated, not commented on
Highlights: The Unforgettable Fire, A Sort Of Homecoming (one of the best versions), Bad (epic - 18 minutes long), New Year's Day (with 'maybe the time is right, maybe tonight', rarely sung live).
Welcome to our audio page, on this page you can download lossy (MP3) and sometimes even the lossless (mostly FLAC) audio recordings (also known as bootlegs) of this show. The available recordings are sorted on the type of recording and the quality of the recording.
Help! Which recording should I choose? How do I play this? How can I convert these files to MP3? Answers to all your questions and a lot of general information, we have documented it all on our help and info pages.
We hope you enjoy this recording!
Can we ask you to write a short review after you have listened?.
April 15, 1985
Meadowlands (Brendan Byrne) Arena
East Rutherford, NJ, USA
Complete show: Yes, except perhaps one phrase during "40"
Disc One (43:45.59):
1. 11 O'clock Tick Tock - 4:56
2. I Will Follow - 3:57
3. Seconds - 3:54
4. MLK - 3:09
5. The Unforgettable Fire - 4:56
6. Wire - 4:26
7. Sunday Bloody Sunday - 6:11
8. The Cry-> The Electric Co. - 7:42
9. A Sort Of Homecoming - 4:33
Disc Two (50:40.15):
1. Bad - 18:24
2. October - 2:19
3. New Year's Day - 5:13
4. Pride (In The Name Of Love) - 5:01
5. Party Girl - 5:24
6. Gloria - 5:32
7. "40" - 8:45
Nakamichi CM-100 mics > Marantz PMD430
(chrome analog cassette, noise reduction off)
Taper: Joe Nunnink
Conversion: Master cassette > dubbed to Maxell XLII-90, no NR > ??
Conversion by: Jeff Cooper
Bootleg cassette AUD(?) on chrome tape (CDR transfer as below)
Combination of superior but incomplete 1st generation recording and inferior but still fair
99% complete unknown recording from bootleg cassette. Except where noted, the superior
recording was used and portions of the weaker recording spliced in to create a 99% complete
version of this once rare and still excellent concert.
After having transferred the poorer recording to CDR and SHN, another (better) source was
located. However, this was incomplete. To make a complete set the two recordings were
combined and imperfections in the superior version remedied. Details, as well as known flaws,
are listed as follow:
1. First 1:55 of "Tick Tock" was missing from superior source, spliced from bootleg cassette version to form complete song
2. Recording level drop at 19:59-20:08 real time (during "Unforgettable Fire").
This was boosted back up to smooth levels
3. Clipping occurs from 20:08 to 20:14 real time. This was left alone
4. Levels boosted from 20:14 to 20:25 (some brickwalling or saturation of levels on source CDR)
5. 39:13 abrupt cut between crowd noise and start of "Sort of Homecoming" left alone
6. "MLK" and "Sort of Homecoming" were indexed together. Now separated.
7. Tiny ticks between several songs removed
1. First word of "Bad" intro missing, spliced in from poorer version
2. After end of "Pride," better recording faded out. Audience noise and Bono "thank you,"
plus first ~50 sec. of "Party Girl" were missing. Spliced back in from alternate source.
3. Very first utterance of "40" intro inserted from alt. source at 41:55
4. Last 3:00 of "40" missing from better version; spliced from alt. source. However, about a
phrase or two was missing on alt. source as well, between the "feed the world" and
"we are the world" improvs.
Original CDR transfer of Complete (lesser) Recording:
CDR & SHN transfer: Cassette >Sony R-500 DAT with Super Bit Mapping @ 44.1 kHz >coax cable to
HD via Midiman Dio 2448 digital soundcard >Cool Edit 2000 to remove hiss cleanly, balance left
and right levels, and fade in/out >CDwave to split tracks and save separate WAV files >MKW>SHN
All of above edits made with CoolEdit Pro v. 2.0
Grabbed out of storage, copied to hard drive, checksums verified, and re-encoded to FLAC (level 6, sector boundaries aligned) by Milesian, February 2009
Audio / MP3
Bit rate: 192, bit depth: 16, sample rate: 44100, channels: 2