We would like to know which shows you attended and which shows you are going to attend. On this page you can see which members attended or are going to attend this show. Maybe you can send some of them a private message to meet up or talk about this show.
Technically this should probably be 4 stars; 4.5 stars is a bit generous. There were several minor mistakes throughout by the band and numerous lyrical missteps by Bono. It was the day after his birthday, so they're all probably a bit hungover. The reason the performance gets the higher rating is because of all the improvisation at this show, and because it's clear the band are having a great time on stage.
The transition between UTEOTW and NYD is always good, but here it is probably my favourite live U2 moment ever. Bono repeats 'is this rock n roll?' until the very end of UTEOTW when he screams 'WHAT THE F**K IS ROCK AND ROLL?' and then just shouts at the top of his lungs for the 'yeah!' part in the NYD opening.
Mostly very good, but with some hissing. Streets and ESPECIALLY Pride have worse sound than the rest of the bootleg. Recording: Audience microphone - 4 stars
Audience are good but not a huge part of this recording, really.
One of my favourite bootlegs. The sound is mostly really good and the performance is very interesting and unique, and the setlist it great. This show is very one-of-a-kind.
- The Fly, with an improvised rap in the middle
- Mysterious Ways with a great intro ('show me how to do it now!')
- Until the End of the World (best ever performance and transition)
- New Year's Day
- Wild Rover
- Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around the World (long performance, Bono stumbles with the lyrics a bit but very fun)
- I Still Haven't Found (unplugged, and with great drumming, and a totally improvised verse!)
- Bullet the Blue Sky (Bono starts with the second verse and then mashes the first and second verse together, but it's a powerful version with improvised lyrics)
- Mr MacPhisto is always funny, even though Bono was still figuring him out at this stage
- Ultra Violet
- Love Is Blindness (as always!)
Welcome to our audio page, on this page you can download lossy (MP3) and sometimes even the lossless (mostly FLAC) audio recordings (also known as bootlegs) of this show. The available recordings are sorted on the type of recording and the quality of the recording.
Help! Which recording should I choose? How do I play this? How can I convert these files to MP3? Answers to all your questions and a lot of general information, we have documented it all on our help and info pages.
We hope you enjoy this recording!
Can we ask you to write a short review after you have listened?.
"It's based around the idea that men have fucked things up so badly, politically, economically and socially that it's really time we handed things over to women. We had our doubts when we saw a rough cut -- but the finished video is brilliant."
- The Edge on the Get On Your Boots video
did you know
The Popmart concert held in Reggio Emilia (1997, Italy) holds the world record for the concert with the highest paying attendance for one single act without support. There were around 150.000 people.