1. Two concerts this coming week. Decemberists and LCD Soundsystem.
  2. Neil Young in Toronto May 20
  3. ACDC tomorrow in Gelsenkirchen (opening night).

Tomorrow, for the first time since I go to concerts, I will be a 'casual fan: I only know the classics, do not even own a single album and don't care at all about the setlist.
    Ready to rock, nonetheless, and really looking forward to the 'roll', as ACDC, to me, is a band that's groovy and swinging. Really looking forward to become a fan.
  4. If the 48 tracks from the mixing desk are mixed badly for an official release (as they sometimes are, with lots of compression and gates) an inofficial mix done by someone who knows his or her game can be better.
  5. Don't take it too seriously guys!
    Thanks to Sacramento's fan, it's another kind of hearing with your mix (especially drums).
    And what about the stage and the screen? It's quite new I guess for PJ
  6. Originally posted by Papo:[..]
    If the 48 tracks from the mixing desk are mixed badly for an official release (as they sometimes are, with lots of compression and gates) an inofficial mix done by someone who knows his or her game can be better.
    Yeah I'm comparing it to the final release. Which for PJ Nugs releases, are often over-compressed and harsh (to my ears).

Kind of like comparing the IEM mix against the Sirius broadcast from 3/2/2024. I much prefer the IEM mix over the "official" mix.
  7. Originally posted by Papo:[..]
    If the 48 tracks from the mixing desk are mixed badly for an official release (as they sometimes are, with lots of compression and gates) an inofficial mix done by someone who knows his or her game can be better.
    IEM signals cannot offer the same quality of a mixing board that's a technical fact. Radio broadcasts tend to be compressed also in general having not the quality of preFM recordings due to the limitations of the signal (15 kHz frequency response limit)
  8. Not disputing the limitations of IEM transmissions.

I'm saying that you can create a better sounding final mix using IEM feeds than something that was mixed from the soundboard direct files. It depends on the mixer/mastering.

But of course, I would much prefer to work with a multitrack soundboard than IEM feeds, for sure.

9. Attended to Bruce Springsteen in Dublin last night..

Found someone during pre-show

10. I went to see Keane in Dublin last week. I've seen them a few times but this time it was unreal. Really good. I regret I only had ticket for Dublin, I'd love to go again.

11. 26/01 - U2 Vegas
    27/01 - U2 Vegas
    03/02 - Depeche Mode Dublin
    13/05 - Keane Dublin
    19/05 - Bruce Springsteen Dublin

14/06 - The Killers Dublin
    15/06 - The Killers Dublin
    22/06 - Pearl Jam Dublin
    24/06 - Liam Gallagher Dublin
    14/07 - Garbage Edinburgh
    10/11 - Interpol Dublin