1. I’ve relistened to those two albums in the last week, and I think that those two are the most philosophical, linear and minimal like U2 albums. But especially in NLOTH that concept of essentiality and soft rock gets lost in songs like GOYB and SUC. While SOI is an amazing album overall, but considering that many of the SOI songs were born in the NLOTH era I thought that by combing those two the perfect U2 album of the 10’s would come out. This below is the tracklist that I’ve thought, imagine it with some sort of philosophical title (I couldn’t think of it haha) with some simple linear white based album cover.
    1. The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone) - SOI
    2. Every Breaking Wave - SOI
    3. Moment Of Surrender - NLOTH
    4. Unknown Caller - NLOTH
    5. Iris - SOI
    6. Volcano - SOI
    7. Magnificent - NLOTH
    8. Cedarwood Road - SOI
    9. Raised By Wolves - SOI
    10. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight - NLOTH
    11. Sleep Like A Baby Tonight - SOI
    12. Breathe - NLOTH
    13. The Troubles - SOI
    Let me know if I’m the only one that thought of this and please share your tracklists
  2. I will make a playlist of these and check it out! Thanks!
  3. Originally posted by thalloween:I’ve relistened to those two albums in the last week, and I think that those two are the most philosophical, linear and minimal like U2 albums. But especially in NLOTH that concept of essentiality and soft rock gets lost in songs like GOYB and SUC. While SOI is an amazing album overall, but considering that many of the SOI songs were born in the NLOTH era I thought that by combing those two the perfect U2 album of the 10’s would come out. This below is the tracklist that I’ve thought, imagine it with some sort of philosophical title (I couldn’t think of it haha) with some simple linear white based album cover.
    1. The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone) - SOI
    2. Every Breaking Wave - SOI
    3. Moment Of Surrender - NLOTH
    4. Unknown Caller - NLOTH
    5. Iris - SOI
    6. Volcano - SOI
    7. Magnificent - NLOTH
    8. Cedarwood Road - SOI
    9. Raised By Wolves - SOI
    10. I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight - NLOTH
    11. Sleep Like A Baby Tonight - SOI
    12. Breathe - NLOTH
    13. The Troubles - SOI
    Let me know if I’m the only one that thought of this and please share your tracklists
    Interesting idea...though for me, the better course of action would have been to release SOI and SOE as one double album made up of the best tracks from each. I think the only song from SOI that should have been on NLOTH is Every Breaking Wave (perhaps in its original, unfinished 360 Tour version...).
  4. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    Interesting idea...though for me, the better course of action would have been to release SOI and SOE as one double album made up of the best tracks from each. I think the only song from SOI that should have been on NLOTH is Every Breaking Wave (perhaps in its original, unfinished 360 Tour version...).
    I was going to contribute a tracklist and then realised that SOI and NLOTH don’t really go together and I’d just be putting my favourite songs from both albums together. In regards to the SOI and SOE double album I agree with that as an idea but I’ve noticed there’s a real variety of opinions with what album is stronger and what songs are stronger so the band would possibly have missed out a lot of peoples favourites condensing them into 1 album or double album even. I don’t think the band are great at recognising their best work these days either.
  5. Probably wrong thread but I'll start:

The Miracle
    Crystal Ballroom
    Song for Someone
    Cedarwood Road
    Raised By Wolves
    California
    Every Breaking Wave
    Red Flag Day
    Summer of Love
    Your the Best Thing About Me
    Landlady